    now this was up and working great and had not change anything during that
    time frame.
    shows up in device manager, but not in control panel.
    =?Utf-8?B?amFtZXMgcG93ZWxs?=, Aug 3, 2005

  2. =?Utf-8?B?amFtZXMgcG93ZWxs?=

    Alex Griffin Guest

    "james powell" wrote:

    > No audio devive found in windows but is in bios,
    > on board audio, so i uninstalled and try to reinstall but windows says no
    > device found. asus MB with optic plug or regular plug working
    > now this was up and working great and had not change anything during that
    > time frame.
    > shows up in device manager, but not in control panel.

    I got home last night, and booted my machine up, its got a P5WD2 Premium
    mobo, plus Win64 XP as the OS. I had the same thing, if you look in the
    device manager there is a device called "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High
    Definition Audio" with an exclamation mark. I went to the Asus forums for my
    board, and there were 5 other people with the exact same problem. At that
    point I tried uninstalling and reinstalling the driver and different drivers
    a few times and had no luck. I then had to go out, when I returned someone
    had worked out that this is somehow date related, if you set your date back
    to the 31st July, the sound card will magically appear.

    This morning, I come into work, the machine there have P5RD1-V mobos. I do
    not really use the sound much, but again the sounds has disappeared on those
    machines since a reboot.

    Both those motherboards share the same Realtek High Definition Audio
    chipset. So either we have a Realtek driver expiry issue, a chipset expiry
    issue or maybe even a MS Driver expiry issue (last one being least likely I
    think).

    --
    Alex Griffin
    Alex Griffin, Aug 3, 2005

  3. You are not alone guys
    http://www.microsoft.com/communitie...9d05-4740-89b0-7a537cf3ddae&lang=en&cr=US&p=1

    =?Utf-8?B?bG9zdHdvcmQ=?=, Aug 3, 2005
  4. =?Utf-8?B?amFtZXMgcG93ZWxs?=

    Alex Griffin Guest

    "Alex Griffin" wrote :

    > This morning, I come into work, the machine there have P5RD1-V mobos. I do
    > not really use the sound much, but again the sounds has disappeared on
    > those machines since a reboot.

    I had forgotten, but some of our new work machines with the same Mobo, sound
    chipset etc., had 32 bit WinXP deployed on them. I found a user who rebooted
    his machine last night, and he does not have this problem, so it would
    appear to be 64 bit specific. Which is nice.....

    --
    Alex Griffin
    Alex Griffin, Aug 3, 2005
  5. Hmm, I am another victim. I am running Windows XP Professional x64 Edition,
    version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790 (OEM, registered). As of post 31
    July 2005, "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" is returning
    the device status of "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this
    hardware. (Code 37)". The only way to get this device to work properly has
    thus far been to set the system date prior to 1 August 2005.
    =?Utf-8?B?QW5keQ==?=, Aug 3, 2005
  6. =?Utf-8?B?amFtZXMgcG93ZWxs?=

    Alex Griffin Guest

    "Andy" <> wrote in message
    > Hmm, I am another victim. I am running Windows XP Professional x64
    > Edition,
    > version 5.2.3790 Service Pack 1 Build 3790 (OEM, registered). As of post
    > 31
    > July 2005, "Microsoft UAA Bus Driver for High Definition Audio" is
    > returning
    > the device status of "Windows cannot initialize the device driver for this
    > hardware. (Code 37)". The only way to get this device to work properly has
    > thus far been to set the system date prior to 1 August 2005.

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/901105

    See the thread in this newsgroup "No audio on Intel 945 chipset".

    --
    Alex Griffin
    Alex Griffin, Aug 3, 2005
  7. =?Utf-8?B?amFtZXMgcG93ZWxs?=

    M. Murcek Guest

    All I can say is, if this was happening to me, I'd be super P.O.ed. I sure
    hope there is a fix for you guys soon!

    M. Murcek, Aug 3, 2005
  8. Hi
    I did all this to and got my sound back, but when I install realtek driver I
    get a problem with a "procces" called DPCs using from 40 - 70% of my cpu,
    mouse hangs and.. and..

    Regards Chico

    =?Utf-8?B?Q2hpY28=?=, Aug 5, 2005