No Audio and Video all Messed up

Discussion in 'Computer Information' started by Ted, Jul 6, 2005.

  1. Ted

    Ted Guest

    Given to me is the following computer:
    Dell Optiplex Gx260
    DMI VER 2.3
    Intel Pentium 4
    CPU 2.40 GHZ
    Model No: DHM
    Mfg date: 102702
    Volts: 115/230V
    Amps: 3.0/1.5A
    HZ 60/50
    IC Class B: ICES-003
    Dell Computer Corp.: DPI FEP
    For Certified Systems: Apparatus

    It was all messed up. Virus or something.
    Anyway's I redid the computer.
    Fdisk, formatted, installed windows98 and then installed windowsXP.

    Below are drivers that I do not have that windowsXP looks for when I start
    the computer up.
    Ethernet Controller
    Multimedia Audio Controller
    PCI Device
    Universal Serial Bus (USB) Controller
    Video Controller (VGA Compatible)

    I have no idea what the video and audio are.
    With the cover off all I see is the motherboard.
    I'm use to plug in video and audio cards, not ones that are in the
    motherboard.

    Does this mean I'm screwed are there drivers that I can use?
    I've been searching the Internet, but I can't find any help at all.
    So I'm hoping that someone can help me here.
    Thanks ahead of time.
    Plus is there any software that can find any of these items and tell me
    what they are?
    Ted

    Ted, Jul 6, 2005

  2. Ted

    Brian Guest

    Ted,
    It sounds like the motherboard has integrated audio, video and network.
    Your best bet is find the Dell model number and look up the motherboard
    drivers on their site. You should be able to download them from there. The
    USB driver should be there in XP though. try removing the usb root hub and
    reinstalling the default usb drivers from XP, otherwise check the Dell
    website for that as well.

    Brian, Jul 9, 2005