    Has anyone successfully edited video files with these programs that
    might know what I'm doing wrong? Or does anyone know of a program that
    will allow me to edit this video and keep the sound?
    Greg, May 14, 2004

  2. Greg

    Oldus Fartus Guest

    Greg wrote:

    > I was given a DVD with home video that was created by a service called
    > YesVideo. I was asked to edit out some of the lengthy scenes and
    > recreate a smaller DVD. The files are VOB, IFO, and BUP.
    >
    > I first tried Roxio EZ CD and DVD Creator v6.1. I received a message
    > that the audio was in AC3 format and if I edited any files, I would
    > lose the sound. Sure enough, after trying to edit a VOB file, there
    > was no sound.
    >
    > I next tried WinDVD Creator, which came with my DVD burner. After
    > editing some of the video, again there was no sound.
    >
    > Has anyone successfully edited video files with these programs that
    > might know what I'm doing wrong? Or does anyone know of a program that
    > will allow me to edit this video and keep the sound?

    I have successfully used DVD Shrink for this, by using the "set
    start-end frames" facility.

    Simplifying my method greatly, I first analyse the disc, then click on
    re-author. Drag the title into the compilation window and click on the
    compression tab. Right-click the title in the compilation window, and
    choose set start-end frame. If, for example, you wanted to keep the
    first half of the title, miss several minutes, and then start later you
    would set the end frame to the frame before the one you wanted edited out.

    Drag the title into the compilation windows again, and repeat the
    process, but this time setting the START frame to the one after your
    edited section. Repeat the process until the compilation window has
    all the bits and pieces you require.

    I probably haven't explained it clearly enough, it is much easier to do
    than to try to explain, and has the advantage of keeping the sound
    quality as required.

    --
    Cheers
    Oldus Fartus