    his end, but he couldn't hear me, nor could i hear him.

    Any hints/tips on how to resolve this is much appreciated. Thanks

    Linda

    Family of four, Feb 5, 2007

  2. Family of four

    Guest

    This is usually caused when there is a Routing problem between your
    computer and the Call Manager.

    JC

    On Feb 5, 8:21 am, "Family of four" <> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > Running XP, using Cisco IP communicator 1.1.4.
    > Everything's fine starting the softphone. It displays my phone number
    > properly.
    > When i try dialing, i'll get a dial tone, and i hear "beeps" as i
    > enter a phone number (say for ordering pizza). However, once i've
    > entered all 10 digits of the number, there was no sound on the line -
    > no indication of whether the call went through...
    > So I tried calling a friend. Again, i get a dial tone when i dial
    > and beeps as i entered his number. But once i'm done entering, i hear
    > no further sounds. The call went through, he picked up the phone on
    > his end, but he couldn't hear me, nor could i hear him.
    >
    > Any hints/tips on how to resolve this is much appreciated. Thanks
    >
    > Linda

    , Feb 5, 2007

  3. Family of four

    Guest

    On 5 Feb, 21:46, "" <> wrote:
    > This is usually caused when there is a Routing problem between your
    > computer and the Call Manager.
    >
    > JC
    >
    > On Feb 5, 8:21 am, "Family of four" <> wrote:
    >

    > > Hi,

    > > Running XP, using Cisco IP communicator 1.1.4.
    > > Everything's fine starting the softphone. It displays my phone number
    > > properly.
    > > When i try dialing, i'll get a dial tone, and i hear "beeps" as i
    > > enter a phone number (say for ordering pizza). However, once i've
    > > entered all 10 digits of the number, there was no sound on the line -
    > > no indication of whether the call went through...
    > > So I tried calling a friend. Again, i get a dial tone when i dial
    > > and beeps as i entered his number. But once i'm done entering, i hear
    > > no further sounds. The call went through, he picked up the phone on
    > > his end, but he couldn't hear me, nor could i hear him.

    > > Any hints/tips on how to resolve this is much appreciated. Thanks

    > > Linda- Hide quoted text -

    The call setup is handled by your Call manager - that seems to be OK.
    Then the voice data is sent between your phone and the voice gateway.

    Check that your phone can communicate with the voice gateway.

    Is is possible for the Call Manager and the voice gateway to
    be the same device in which case it is likely to be
    an access-list of firewall issue as opposed to a routing
    one.

    , Feb 5, 2007
  4. Family of four

    Thrill5 Guest

    You are also running an old version of IP communicator. Try upgrading IP
    Communicator to 2.0

    Scott

    Thrill5, Feb 6, 2007