    It's provided with no warranty, no guarantee, although I'll give your
    money back if you choose to not use it, ie, nothing.
    :)
    Dave - testing, Mar 5, 2005

  2. Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >> for those who just need the nz.* groups, and a few others, I can give
    >> you access to one.

    > heh, I forgot to change the name... oh well.

    oh, if anyone wants access(nz only), email me, dave@ well, you know my
    domain :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 5, 2005

  3. On Sun, 06 Mar 2005 09:51:51 +1300, Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:

    > Dave - Dave.net.nz wrote:
    >>> for those who just need the nz.* groups, and a few others, I can give
    >>> you access to one.

    >> heh, I forgot to change the name... oh well.

    > oh, if anyone wants access(nz only), email me, dave@ well, you know my
    > domain :)

    out of sheer noseyness
    what NNTP server did you run with in the end?
    how hard was it to set up?
    and was there anything you discovered that might be worthy to note?
    (eg upstream provider issues)
    and er.. has it got racing stripes to make it go faster :)

    Shane (aka froggy), Mar 5, 2005
  4. Dave - testing

    Enkidu Guest

    Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

    >>>heh, I forgot to change the name... oh well.

    >>oh, if anyone wants access(nz only), email me, dave@ well, you know my
    >>domain :)

    > out of sheer noseyness
    > what NNTP server did you run with in the end?
    > how hard was it to set up?
    > and was there anything you discovered that might be worthy to note?
    > (eg upstream provider issues)
    > and er.. has it got racing stripes to make it go faster :)

    Yeah, where is the feed from? I looked into this a while
    back but I don't have a spare arm and a leg....

    Cheers,

    Cliff

    Enkidu, Mar 6, 2005
  5. Shane (aka froggy) wrote:

    >>>heh, I forgot to change the name... oh well.

    >>oh, if anyone wants access(nz only), email me, dave@ well, you know my
    >>domain :)

    > out of sheer noseyness
    > what NNTP server did you run with in the end?

    for the moment Im playing with newsplex, it isn't a server as such, just
    a news multiplexor that grabs multiple feeds, and using message IDs ties
    them together. currently grabbing from 5 different servers so that I
    don't miss posts, and posts show up quicker.

    I say for the moment as I've just purchased Dnews(last week), and am
    going to be able to do this in a proper manor shortly(ish).

    > how hard was it to set up?

    piss easy.

    > and was there anything you discovered that might be worthy to note?
    > (eg upstream provider issues)

    not really, well, it helps to have friends in the business willing to do
    stuff for free to learn with.

    > and er.. has it got racing stripes to make it go faster :)

    heh, not at the moment, it's running on a Dual P3 450, 1GB Ram, which
    also happens to be a BF1942 server some of the time, a CS server
    sometimes, and others, just a machine on a fast connection(~2Mbit
    national both ways) for downloading stuff faster :)

    the next iteration should be a bit quicker, although I dont have very
    high requirements... hell, I have a total for 5 users at the moment. :)
    Dave - Dave.net.nz, Mar 6, 2005