    name?. Please help me. If there is any free NNTP Server subscription,
    please tell more about.
    , Aug 1, 2007

  2. Whiskers Guest

    On 2007-08-01, <> wrote:
    > I already have BSNL netone connection. How can I found my News server
    > name?. Please help me. If there is any free NNTP Server subscription,
    > please tell more about.

    <scratches head>

    ]$ whois 61.1.232.126
    % [whois.apnic.net node-2]
    % Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html

    inetnum: 61.0.0.0 - 61.1.255.255
    netname: BSNLNET
    descr: National Internet Backbone
    descr: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
    descr: Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001, India
    country: IN
    [...]

    Aha; BSNL is some sort of Internet Service Provider. That's a useful
    clue.

    <simple web search for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited>

    By Jove, they even have a web site! <http://www.bsnl.co.in/index.html>.
    There isn't any obvious information there about usenet or newsgroups,
    which suggests that they don't offer that particular service. But a
    customer of theirs could probably ask them the direct question and expect
    a useful answer. I suggest you try that ;))

    A web search such as
    <http://www.webcrawler.com/webcrawler/ws/results/Web/news-server/1/417/TopN
    avigation/Relevance/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true>
    or <http://shortlinks.co.uk/3bi> for short, produces several
    possibilities.

    I suggest that you look at the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers too, for
    current information about free news-servers.

    --
    -- ^^^^^^^^^^
    -- Whiskers
    Whiskers, Aug 1, 2007

  3. WhzzKdd Guest

    "Whiskers" <> wrote in message
    > On 2007-08-01, <>
    > wrote:
    >> I already have BSNL netone connection. How can I found my News server
    >> name?. Please help me. If there is any free NNTP Server subscription,
    >> please tell more about.

    > <scratches head>
    >
    > ]$ whois 61.1.232.126
    > % [whois.apnic.net node-2]
    > % Whois data copyright terms http://www.apnic.net/db/dbcopyright.html
    >
    > inetnum: 61.0.0.0 - 61.1.255.255
    > netname: BSNLNET
    > descr: National Internet Backbone
    > descr: Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited
    > descr: Sanchar Bhawan, 20, Ashoka Road, New Delhi-110001, India
    > country: IN
    > [...]
    >
    > Aha; BSNL is some sort of Internet Service Provider. That's a useful
    > clue.
    >
    > <simple web search for Bharat Sanchar Nigam Limited>
    >
    > By Jove, they even have a web site! <http://www.bsnl.co.in/index.html>.
    > There isn't any obvious information there about usenet or newsgroups,
    > which suggests that they don't offer that particular service. But a
    > customer of theirs could probably ask them the direct question and expect
    > a useful answer. I suggest you try that ;))
    >
    > A web search such as
    > <http://www.webcrawler.com/webcrawler/ws/results/Web/news-server/1/417/TopN
    > avigation/Relevance/zoom=off/_iceUrlFlag=7?_IceUrl=true>
    > or <http://shortlinks.co.uk/3bi> for short, produces several
    > possibilities.
    >
    > I suggest that you look at the newsgroup alt.free.newsservers too, for
    > current information about free news-servers.

    To save a buck or two, I just switched from cable to DSL. Guess what? No
    newsgroups on my new ISP. Almost made me switch back. But I found one at
    alt.free.newsservers that is doing just fine for now - 216.75.63.64 -
    someplace in San Diego.
    WhzzKdd, Aug 7, 2007