    servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't displaying almost 6hrs!!!

    Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP servers I've
    ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was better than this)

    Gameface, Jun 6, 2004

  2. Gameface wrote:

    > Can I find a site that does NNTP speed tests for ISP's ?

    > I aint sure if this is possible (im not expert) - I only as Pipex's NNTP
    > servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't displaying almost 6hrs!!!

    > Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP servers I've
    > ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was better than this)

    So why do you use Pipex servers?

    --
    Blinky Linux Registered User 297263
    AOL Diary http://snipurl.com/aoldiary

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 6, 2004

  3. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    What other free ones are there?
    if you know of any better free ones please tell us :)

    Gameface, Jun 6, 2004
  4. Gameface

    Boomer Guest

    "Gameface" <> wrote:

    > What other free ones are there?
    > if you know of any better free ones please tell us :)
    > "Blinky the Shark" <> wrote in message

    >> Gameface wrote:
    >>
    >> > Can I find a site that does NNTP speed tests for ISP's ?

    >> > I aint sure if this is possible (im not expert) - I only as
    >> > Pipex's NNTP servers are beyond a joke - my post isn't
    >> > displaying almost 6hrs!!!

    >> > Pipex are a great ISP, but the probably have the worst NNTP
    >> > servers I've ever come across. (even freeserve newservers was
    >> > better than this)

    >> So why do you use Pipex servers?

    Hi

    You can read through this group if you are looking for free news
    servers. alt.free.newsservers

    A good one (text only) is http://news.individual.net/.

    HTH

    --
    Google is your friend.

    Boomer, Jun 6, 2004
  5. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    Thanks Boomer,

    I'll check that link out :)

    Gameface, Jun 7, 2004
  6. Gameface

    Boomer Guest

    "Gameface" <> wrote:

    > Thanks Boomer,
    >
    > I'll check that link out :)

    > "Boomer" <> wrote in message
    >> "Gameface" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> > What other free ones are there?
    >> > if you know of any better free ones please tell us :)

    [snip]
    >> Hi
    >>
    >> You can read through this group if you are looking for free news
    >> servers. alt.free.newsservers
    >>
    >> A good one (text only) is http://news.individual.net/.
    >>
    >> HTH

    You're welcome.

    Boomer, Jun 7, 2004
  7. Gameface wrote:

    [that he's apparently using a crappy ISP feed because he doesn't know
    what else to do...]

    > What other free ones are there?
    > if you know of any better free ones please tell us :)

    Boomer just did.

    My primary feed costs something like US$3.25 a month. That's pretty
    close to free, also. (US: newsguy.com)

    Blinky the Shark, Jun 7, 2004
  8. Gameface

    Gameface Guest

    thnx for the help guys
    apologise for my delay in respose - cos of the slow NNTP server of
    course -i'll give the link ago soon.

    Gameface, Jun 7, 2004