nmapNT

Discussion in 'Computer Security' started by Damjan, Feb 4, 2004.

  1. Damjan

    Damjan Guest

    Hi!

    I did scan on my local ip 127.0.0.1 with nmapNT V. 2.53 SP1 from
    http://www.eEye.com.
    But results surprised me! I thing too many ports are open! But interesting
    is, that Active Ports program do not show this port to listen on any of
    local ips.. 0.0.0.0, 127.0.0.1, 192.168.0.1.

    Here are results of nmapNT:
    Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):
    (The 1504 ports scanned but not shown below are in state: closed)
    Port State Service
    110/tcp open pop-3
    135/tcp open loc-srv
    445/tcp open microsoft-ds
    1067/tcp open instl_boots
    1212/tcp open lupa
    1445/tcp open proxima-lm
    1446/tcp open ora-lm
    3984/tcp open mapper-nodemgr
    3985/tcp open mapper-mapethd
    3986/tcp open mapper-ws_ethd
    4008/tcp open netcheque
    4045/tcp open lockd
    4144/tcp open wincim
    4321/tcp open rwhois
    4343/tcp open unicall
    4444/tcp open krb524
    4500/tcp open sae-urn
    4559/tcp open hylafax
    4672/tcp open rfa

    Can someone help me with some useful tip or info?

    Greets

    Damjan, Feb 4, 2004

  2. Damjan

    Ben Measures Guest

    Damjan wrote:
    > Hi!
    >
    > I did scan on my local ip 127.0.0.1 with nmapNT V. 2.53 SP1 from
    > http://www.eEye.com.
    >
    > Here are results of nmapNT:
    > Interesting ports on localhost (127.0.0.1):

    [snip]

    > Can someone help me with some useful tip or info?

    127.0.0.1 is NOT accessable from anywhere other than *your* computer.
    Scan the "other" ip (192.168.0.1?) instead.

    --
    Ben M.

    ----------------
    What are Software Patents for?

    What do Software Patents do?
    big legal departments as they:
    years of harassment).

    before its too late.

    ----------------

    Ben Measures, Feb 5, 2004

  3. Damjan

    Damjan Guest

    > 127.0.0.1 is NOT accessable from anywhere other than *your* computer.
    > Scan the "other" ip (192.168.0.1?) instead.

    If i scan 192.168.0.1 is the same result.
    But i suspect but in program.. when nmapnt scan ports form 1 to 1000 opens
    some another ports between 3000 - 4000. And then is so stupid and scan ports
    open of himself.. :( Because another port scanners don't show open ports.

    Greets

    Damjan, Feb 6, 2004
  4. Damjan

    Damjan Guest

    > If i scan 192.168.0.1 is the same result.
    > But i suspect but in program.. when nmapnt scan ports form 1 to 1000 opens
    > some another ports between 3000 - 4000. And then is so stupid and scan

    ports
    > open of himself.. :( Because another port scanners don't show open ports.
    >
    > Greets

    One mistake in previous post.. bug in program not but :)

    Greets

    Damjan, Feb 6, 2004
  5. Look at your route table, even if you use external IP address, you are still
    scanning 127.0.0.1.
    Nmap is intended to scan a different host than the software is on.

    --
    Steven BerkHolz
    Do not send email to

    Note: you may also want to know that you should never send mail to:

    -ass.net

    -abuse.org

    BerkHolz, Steven, Feb 12, 2004