    good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the biggest
    resource hog?
    Any help appreciated
    CB, Oct 17, 2003

  2. On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:58:50 GMT, CB wrote:
    > Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works as
    > good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the biggest
    > resource hog?
    > Any help appreciated

    Before you splash out, please visit http://www.kerio.com and try their
    personal firewall. It's free, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.

    I switched to Kerio after finding ZA really resource hungry. They may've fixed
    it now, but it doesn't matter as KPF did the job just as well, and had some
    features I really liked. I've had it running for the last two years, and don't
    plan to change.

    You could also check out other noted AV products like AVG,F-Prot etc and save
    yourself some dosh by not having to buy two products.

    ZA gets bandied around by some people as if it's the only firewall for Win*.
    That's not a dig at you, just what I perceive.

    If you try KPF, together with seperate, quality AV software like AVG
    (http://www.grisoft.com) or F-Prot (http://www.f-prot.com), and don't like
    them, fair enough. Just trying to show you there are more alternatives than
    Norton and Zone Labs.

    --
    Got MIME ? - http://www.f-prot.com
    Got Win2000/XP & TCP/IP ? - http://www.kerio.com
    Plastic surgery for instance ..., Oct 17, 2003

  3. CB

    CB Guest

    Thanks..I'm check out the other programs before making a decision.

    "Plastic surgery for instance ..." <> wrote in
    message news:...

    CB, Oct 17, 2003
  4. CB

    Leythos Guest

    In article <>,
    says...
    > On Fri, 17 Oct 2003 10:58:50 GMT, CB wrote:
    > > Before I invest about $100 on NIS Pro, can someone tell me if it works as
    > > good as ZA Free? I'm using ZA Free right now. Which would be the biggest
    > > resource hog?
    > > Any help appreciated

    > Before you splash out, please visit http://www.kerio.com and try their
    > personal firewall. It's free, but that doesn't mean it's not any good.

    I too like Kerio (which is Tiny) and use it on all my laptops. I install
    ZA on clients machines where the client doesn't have a good computer
    tech skill set.

    Kerio and Tiny will require more of you, but they are fast and almost
    invisible.

    (Remove 999 to reply to me)
    Leythos, Oct 17, 2003
  5. CB

    JRS Guest

    Sygate seems pretty good and not too heavy on resources

    Jon

    JRS, Oct 17, 2003
  6. CB

    Porky Pig Guest

    Hi, I use BOTH NIS2003 & ZA Free on the same machine, I don't find it a
    problem

    Porky Pig, Oct 18, 2003