Nintendo: Wii becomes fastest-selling UK console ever

Discussion in 'NZ Computing' started by Mary Hanna, Dec 4, 2009.

  1. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    Mary Hanna, Dec 4, 2009

  2. Mary Hanna

    Nik Coughlin Guest

    Nik Coughlin, Dec 4, 2009

  3. Mary Hanna

    Mary Hanna Guest

    On Fri, 4 Dec 2009 16:51:14 +1300, "Nik Coughlin" <> wrote:

    >"Mary Hanna" <> wrote in message
    >> http://www.neowin.net/news/gamers/09/12/03/nintendo-wii-becomes-fastest-selling-uk-console-ever
    >>
    >> But still $150nz over priced here, the northern hemisphere price drops
    >> never
    >> came to this part of the world.

    >http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/technology/8272240.stm
    >
    >According to that, Wii in the UK goes for between £179-199 = NZ$410-455

    Did you take the VAT on this stuff is some 17.5 %

    I have fund 2 listed at £ 135.99 and £ 134.99 the £199 price is for
    added Bundles, not just a standard Wii

    >PB Tech have the Wii for NZ$460, so between NZ$5-50 difference, not NZ$150

    The Warehouse is selling the Wii with Wii Sports Resort for free

    at $365.

    It was posted in the Dom 29th Sept that there would be a $70 price drop,
    there never was

    Xbox Arcade $199.99US

    Wii $199.99US

    So using those figures the Wii is some $150 to $190 over priced here.

    Mary Hanna, Dec 4, 2009