    I am trying to get hold of the above for a child of 14 who is very ill.
    My daughters lives in America and may be able to buy one there.
    If she can will it work in the UK

    caroline, Dec 8, 2006

  2. caroline

    beenthere Guest

    "caroline" <> wrote in message
    news:76keh.3657$...
    >I am trying to get hold of the above for a child of 14 who is very ill.
    > My daughters lives in America and may be able to buy one there.
    > If she can will it work in the UK

    Get your D. to find out whether the american version only
    comes with their power supply, or if it a universal supply.
    They are probably specific to the USA market.

    bw..OJ

    beenthere, Dec 8, 2006

  3. caroline

    Guest

    "caroline" <> wrote:

    >I am trying to get hold of the above for a child of 14 who is very ill.
    >My daughters lives in America and may be able to buy one there.
    >If she can will it work in the UK

    I sat in a Walmart two days ago at 4:00 a.m. securing spot #9 for one
    of the 13 Wii's available at 8:00 a.m.

    Just had to add that :)

    Google: Nintendo wii region codes
    you will get conflicting, views, yes and no, mostly yes it will work.

    If it does have region codes you can hack it according to this
    http://www.wii-modchips.com/

    --
    Boot MacOS X86 from USB Pendrive
    http://tinyurl.com/y5s8fv

    , Dec 8, 2006
  4. caroline

    pcbutts1 Guest

    I'm still trying, last week I was 26 in line and they had only 24. Bummer.

    pcbutts1, Dec 8, 2006
  5. In article <76keh.3657$>,
    "caroline" <> wrote:

    > I am trying to get hold of the above for a child of 14 who is very ill.
    > My daughters lives in America and may be able to buy one there.
    > If she can will it work in the UK

    Too many issues. Best to get one in the country it is intended to be
    played in.

    David Matthew Wood, Dec 14, 2006