Nintendo NT-300

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by A. Airhart, Dec 8, 2004.

  1. A. Airhart

    A. Airhart Guest

    I saw a few posts from a few years ago regarding this printer.

    This printer was used as a sticker printer in a Pokemon Snap Station at
    Blockbuster Video stores.

    The Printer itself is actually a Panasonic NV-MHX300-C

    To use this printer with Windows XP you must use the drivers for
    the UK version the NV-MPD7 or
    the Japanese drivers for the NV-MHX300-C

    Compatibility issues:
    This printer seems unable to accept any ink accept Adhesive ink.
    If you are using the Japanese driver, be sure to select Adhesive paper
    and it will print without a problem.

    The paper for this printer is part # PV-MPCS25
    However the ink cassette will not function with this printer (not yet
    anyway..havent figured out how to trick it into doing so)

    Each ink cassette is good for 25 prints

    This printer uses a locked down firmware that is specifically written
    for use as a sticker printer.
    A. Airhart, Dec 8, 2004

  2. A. Airhart

    Mark² Guest

    "A. Airhart" <> wrote in message
    > I saw a few posts from a few years ago regarding this printer.
    >
    > This printer was used as a sticker printer in a Pokemon Snap Station at
    > Blockbuster Video stores.
    >
    > The Printer itself is actually a Panasonic NV-MHX300-C
    >
    > To use this printer with Windows XP you must use the drivers for
    > the UK version the NV-MPD7 or
    > the Japanese drivers for the NV-MHX300-C
    >
    > Compatibility issues:
    > This printer seems unable to accept any ink accept Adhesive ink.
    > If you are using the Japanese driver, be sure to select Adhesive paper
    > and it will print without a problem.
    >
    > The paper for this printer is part # PV-MPCS25
    > However the ink cassette will not function with this printer (not yet
    > anyway..havent figured out how to trick it into doing so)
    >
    > Each ink cassette is good for 25 prints
    >
    > This printer uses a locked down firmware that is specifically written
    > for use as a sticker printer.

    Ummm...

    Thanks.
    Mark², Dec 8, 2004

  3. A. Airhart

    Winner Guest

    EASY: Transfer the label from one of the adhesive ink cartridges to a
    "standard" cartridge, and you are set. OR, scratch off some of the
    black to expose shiny silver underneath. The adhesive "barcode" is all
    silver, so it's easy to do.

    I've been using standard ink in an NT-300 for years now, using both of
    these methods.

    I keep meaning to tear into mine and simply move or rewire the
    photodetectors, but the above method is easier!

    Winner, Dec 9, 2004