    Any online retailers selling size "AA" of the above batteries?

    A URL would be appreciated...DSE ones are a bit pricey.

    Thanks
    al, Sep 30, 2003

  2. al

    Craig Shore Guest

    On Tue, 30 Sep 2003 19:49:21 +1200, al <> wrote:

    >Hi,
    >
    >Any online retailers selling size "AA" of the above batteries?
    >
    >A URL would be appreciated...DSE ones are a bit pricey.

    http://ecobatteries.co.nz/

    Supermarkets and The Warehouse have them, not sure of the price
    though.
    Craig Shore, Sep 30, 2003

  3. al

    al Guest

    al, Sep 30, 2003

    www.spectron.co.nz
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Sep 30, 2003
  5. al

    asdf Guest

    www.dpt.co.nz

    This dude, is a mate of mine, and as far as i am aware has some of the best
    prices in NZ.

    Dan

    asdf, Sep 30, 2003
  6. al

    Gordon Guest

    On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:28:29 +1200, asdf wrote:

    > www.dpt.co.nz
    >
    > This dude, is a mate of mine, and as far as i am aware has some of the best
    > prices in NZ.

    Thanks for honesty and do we need the plug for him/her?

    So is dude gender specific?

    --
    Gordon

    Google knows where to find things, ask at http://www.google.com
    Works for me, will work for you, so be it.
    Gordon, Oct 1, 2003
  7. al

    Darren Guest

    "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:28:29 +1200, asdf wrote:
    >
    > > www.dpt.co.nz
    > >
    > > This dude, is a mate of mine, and as far as i am aware has some of the

    best
    > > prices in NZ.

    > Thanks for honesty and do we need the plug for him/her?
    >
    > So is dude gender specific?

    Hi,

    I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz

    I sell AA 2000mAh NiMh at $4 each,10 or more @ $3.75 each

    Thanks.
    Darren, Oct 1, 2003
  8. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:37:13 +1200, "Darren" <> wrote:

    >I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz
    >
    >I sell AA 2000mAh NiMh at $4 each,10 or more @ $3.75 each

    Do you realise that those wireless "spy" cameras are on an illegal
    frequency?

    The band in which they operate is reserved for GPS use. However, I
    expect that under NZ law it's not illegal to posess or sell such
    devices, just to use them.

    And, for what it's worth, it's just as well you don't carry the 1500mW
    transmitter -- I've just finished fixing one and they're running the
    RF output and driver transistors very close to their specified maximum
    limits. All it takes is a slightly over-voltage battery and "poof",
    they're history. I suspect the 800mW ones may not be much better in
    this respect and have heard of others who have fried theirs by using a
    9.6V (NiMH or NiCad) battery instead of a 9V (alkaline) one.

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 1, 2003
  9. al

    Darren Guest

    "Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:37:13 +1200, "Darren" <> wrote:
    >
    > >I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz
    > >
    > >I sell AA 2000mAh NiMh at $4 each,10 or more @ $3.75 each
    > >

    > Do you realise that those wireless "spy" cameras are on an illegal
    > frequency?

    I have been told that they are NOT running on an illegal frequency.

    > The band in which they operate is reserved for GPS use. However, I
    > expect that under NZ law it's not illegal to posess or sell such
    > devices, just to use them.
    >
    > And, for what it's worth, it's just as well you don't carry the 1500mW
    > transmitter -- I've just finished fixing one and they're running the
    > RF output and driver transistors very close to their specified maximum
    > limits. All it takes is a slightly over-voltage battery and "poof",
    > they're history. I suspect the 800mW ones may not be much better in
    > this respect and have heard of others who have fried theirs by using a
    > 9.6V (NiMH or NiCad) battery instead of a 9V (alkaline) one.

    I have sold over 80 of thes cameras and have not had any problems with them.

    Thanks for the info.

    Darren, Oct 1, 2003
  10. al

    Mainlander Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    > Hi,
    >
    > Any online retailers selling size "AA" of the above batteries?
    >
    > A URL would be appreciated...DSE ones are a bit pricey.

    Supermarkets sell the eveready ones
    Mainlander, Oct 1, 2003
  11. al

    ~misfit~ Guest

    "Darren" <> wrote in message

    > "Gordon" <> wrote in message
    > > On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 09:28:29 +1200, asdf wrote:
    > >
    > > > www.dpt.co.nz
    > > >
    > > > This dude, is a mate of mine, and as far as i am aware has some of the

    > best
    > > > prices in NZ.

    > > Thanks for honesty and do we need the plug for him/her?
    > >
    > > So is dude gender specific?
    > >

    > Hi,
    >
    > I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz
    >
    > I sell AA 2000mAh NiMh at $4 each,10 or more @ $3.75 each

    Good price. Do you sell chargers? Although I doubt the missus' mp3 diskman
    will run on 2.4v instead of 3v.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 1, 2003
  12. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:18:03 +1200, "Darren" <> wrote:

    >"Bruce Simpson" <> wrote in message
    >> On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 18:37:13 +1200, "Darren" <> wrote:
    >>
    >> >I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz
    >> >
    >> >I sell AA 2000mAh NiMh at $4 each,10 or more @ $3.75 each
    >> >

    >> Do you realise that those wireless "spy" cameras are on an illegal
    >> frequency?

    >I have been told that they are NOT running on an illegal frequency.

    Ah... but *who* told you?

    I bet it wasn't anyone in the aviation industry or who is responsible
    for policing the RF spectrum here in NZ right?

    The GPS frequencies are:

    L1 = 1.559 - 1.6025 GHz
    L2 = 1.215 - 1.240 GHz
    L5 = 1.164 - 1.188 GHz

    The transmitters you're selling will operate on any of four
    frequencies:

    Channel 1 = 1.08 GHz
    Channel 2 = 1.12 GHz
    Channel 3 = 1.16 GHz
    Channel 4 = 1.20 Ghz

    So, as you can see, the Ch4 frequency lies between L5 and L2 and the
    Ch3 frequency is just below L5.

    Given that these transmitters are not particularly "clean" (built to a
    price), they do tend to create quite a bit of sideband splatter that
    will affect a nearyby GPS unit.

    How do I know this?

    Because I've got a 1500mW unit that I was planning to use in the
    cruise missile project but as soon as you turn it on using Ch 3 or Ch
    4 (even 100m away) the GPS drops out.

    If you take a look at the NZ RF spectrum allocation table at:

    http://www.med.govt.nz/rsm/planning/uhf.html

    you'll see that the chunk of spectrum from 960 MHz through 1.215 GHz
    is reserved for "Aeronautical radionavigation" -- including GPS and
    DME.

    Using these transmitters in NZ is very much illegal I'm afraid. You
    ought to inform whoever it was that told you otherwise that they
    really don't have a clue.

    If you want to import these wireless cameras, I recommend that you
    stick to the 2.4 GHz gear which operates in a license-free portion of
    spectrum set aside for Short Range Devices which is detailed at:
    http://www.med.govt.nz/rsm/licensing/gurls/gurl-srd.pdf

    This indicates that you'll be able to sell and use equipment on the
    2.4 GHz = 2.4835 GHz band with a maximum effective radiated power of 1
    Watt.

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 1, 2003
  13. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:26:17 +1200, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
    wrote:

    >Good price. Do you sell chargers? Although I doubt the missus' mp3 diskman
    >will run on 2.4v instead of 3v.

    Why not, mine does.

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 1, 2003
  14. On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 19:46:49 +1200, Mainlander <*@*.*> wrote:

    >In article <>,
    > says...
    >>
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> Any online retailers selling size "AA" of the above batteries?
    >>
    >> A URL would be appreciated...DSE ones are a bit pricey.

    >Supermarkets sell the eveready ones

    These are the Eveready 1800mAH ones and The Warehouse sells them for
    about $7.50 per packet of two.

    Bruce Simpson, Oct 1, 2003
  15. al

    ~misfit~ Guest

    > On Wed, 1 Oct 2003 20:26:17 +1200, "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Good price. Do you sell chargers? Although I doubt the missus' mp3

    diskman
    > >will run on 2.4v instead of 3v.

    > Why not, mine does.

    Does it? That's good to know, thanks.
    --
    ~misfit~

    ---
    ~misfit~, Oct 1, 2003
  16. al

    Darren Guest

    "~misfit~" <~misfit~@his-desk.com> wrote in message

    > "Darren" <> wrote in message
    > >
    > > "Gordon" <> wrote in message

    the
    > > best
    > > >
    > > > Thanks for honesty and do we need the plug for him/her?
    > > >
    > > > So is dude gender specific?
    > > >

    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz
    > >
    > > I sell AA 2000mAh NiMh at $4 each,10 or more @ $3.75 each

    > Good price. Do you sell chargers? Although I doubt the missus' mp3 diskman
    > will run on 2.4v instead of 3v.

    No i dont sell chargers sorry,
    the diskman should work fine on 2.4v

    Thanks

    Darren, Oct 1, 2003
  17. On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 18:37:13 +1200, Darren wrote:

    > I am the owner (dude) of www.dpt.co.nz

    Dude, get yourself a proper address.

    Commercial activity on a Hotmail account is a violation of their ToS and
    they DO nuke accounts quickly if someone complains - they regard the type
    of posting you just made as commercial activity.

    You really don't want to risk that.
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 1, 2003
  18. On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 19:05:54 +1200, Bruce Simpson wrote:

    > Do you realise that those wireless "spy" cameras are on an illegal
    > frequency?

    Huh? The ones I've seen all run at 2450MHz
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 1, 2003
  19. On Wed, 01 Oct 2003 21:30:25 +1200, Bruce Simpson wrote:

    > Using these transmitters in NZ is very much illegal I'm afraid.

    Selling them in NZ is too, even if in legal bands, if they don't have type
    approval.

    I'm surprised RFS haven't already popped up and taken action on it.

    (Hint, they will if someone complains about it...)
    Uncle StoatWarbler, Oct 1, 2003
  20. al

    T.N.O. Guest

    "Gordon" wrote
    > Thanks for honesty and do we need the plug for him/her?

    It was asked for where to get them, so not really a plug, but he was very
    honest saying it was a mate.

    > So is dude gender specific?

    nope... but sometimes to be more accurate you'll see dude and dudette used
    :)
    T.N.O., Oct 1, 2003