    something weird-looking about that blank area in front of the EVF part
    of the camera.

    http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1109/nikon/Nikon_V1_BK.jpg

    RichA, Sep 28, 2011

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >I thought that when I saw pictures of them, they are flat black
    >looking and plain, the V1 anyway. It reminds me a little of something
    >Ricoh might have come up with, same kind of design cues. There is
    >something weird-looking about that blank area in front of the EVF part
    >of the camera.
    >
    >http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1109/nikon/Nikon_V1_BK.jpg

    The V1 is ugly and feels cheap, a lot cheaper than it is. The J1 is
    just about OK. But Nikon spectacularly lost the opportunity to give
    these expensive interchangeable lens p+s cameras a quality feel.

    There is a huge contrast with the Pentax Q, which is far more
    attractive to look at and expensively finished. The image quality
    won't be great, but the Pentax Q body has the feel of high quality.

    I won't be recommending either of these systems to anyone. As far as
    I can see, there is no earthly reason why anyone should buy them.

    Bruce, Sep 28, 2011

  3. RichA

    RichA Guest

    On Sep 28, 12:15 pm, Bruce <> wrote:
    > RichA <> wrote:
    > >I thought that when I saw pictures of them, they are flat black
    > >looking and plain, the V1 anyway.  It reminds me a little of something
    > >Ricoh might have come up with, same kind of design cues.  There is
    > >something weird-looking about that blank area in front of the EVF part
    > >of the camera.

    > >http://a.img-dpreview.com/news/1109/nikon/Nikon_V1_BK.jpg

    > The V1 is ugly and feels cheap, a lot cheaper than it is.  The J1 is
    > just about OK.  But Nikon spectacularly lost the opportunity to give
    > these expensive interchangeable lens p+s cameras a quality feel.

    That's too bad, but more and more, it almost looks like Nikon has
    released them in a fashion designed to preserve DSLR sales and yet
    appeal to P&S migrators who might otherwise just buy a new P&S or use
    their cellphones. Nikon's name is sure to sell a few of them, unless
    they end up being also-rans, like most of their P&S's.

    > There is a huge contrast with the Pentax Q, which is far more
    > attractive to look at and expensively finished.  The image quality
    > won't be great, but the Pentax Q body has the feel of high quality.

    Welllll, I saw a review of that Pentax and the images were
    impressive, even from a DSLR standpoint, which leads me to believe the
    review may have "cooked the books." If not, Pentax has done a
    credible job of using such a tiny sensor.
    Meanwhile, preliminarily anyway, the NEX 7 and Zeiss lens shots look
    really, really good. I will probably get to see the cameras
    here: http://www.henrys.com/Exposure-Digital-Imaging-Expo.aspx

    > I won't be recommending either of these systems to anyone.  As far as
    > I can see, there is no earthly reason why anyone should buy them.

    It'll all come down to novelty.

    RichA, Sep 28, 2011