    Forget the looks. It's still trying to make silk purse from a tiny
    sow's ear of a sensor. There is no point in suffering with it when
    there are m4/3rds cameras of similar size with better output.
    RichA, Oct 25, 2012

  2. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    RichA <> wrote:

    >Forget the looks. It's still trying to make silk purse from a tiny
    >sow's ear of a sensor. There is no point in suffering with it when
    >there are m4/3rds cameras of similar size with better output.

    http://tinyurl.com/9kejzlg

    Yes, the V2 is grotesquely ugly, but there is a reason for that.

    The J1 was and the J2 is aimed at P&S users trading up. The V1 was
    aimed at enthusiasts, or P&S users who would demand an EVF, but it
    didn't sell well to either.

    The V2 is aimed at enthusiasts who expect the camera to look a little
    more serious than the V1 did. So they gave it a grip and a much
    bigger EVF/flash carbuncle. Now it looks a bit more serious.

    You also get a 14 MP sensor instead of 10 MP, but at the same price.

    I think it is hideous, but I believe it will sell better than the V1.

    http://tinyurl.com/9kejzlg
    Bruce, Oct 25, 2012

  3. RichA

    Bruce Guest

    Rich <> wrote:

    >Bruce <> wrote in
    >
    >> RichA <> wrote:
    >>
    >>>Forget the looks. It's still trying to make silk purse from a tiny
    >>>sow's ear of a sensor. There is no point in suffering with it when
    >>>there are m4/3rds cameras of similar size with better output.

    >> http://tinyurl.com/9kejzlg
    >>
    >> Yes, the V2 is grotesquely ugly, but there is a reason for that.
    >>
    >> The J1 was and the J2 is aimed at P&S users trading up. The V1 was
    >> aimed at enthusiasts, or P&S users who would demand an EVF, but it
    >> didn't sell well to either.

    >Well, they didn't raise the price above the V1, but what enthusiast will
    >buy it? Most Nikon DSLR owners I know who bought a small camera bought a
    >NEX. Some bought m4/3.

    Almost no enthusiasts bought the V1, so the sales of the V2 ought to
    be an improvement.

    Don't underestimate Nikon brand loyalty.
    Bruce, Oct 26, 2012
  4. RichA

    ray Guest

    On Thu, 25 Oct 2012 14:52:15 -0700, RichA wrote:

    > Forget the looks. It's still trying to make silk purse from a tiny
    > sow's ear of a sensor. There is no point in suffering with it when
    > there are m4/3rds cameras of similar size with better output.

    Pretty much what I figured out when I was looking for a new
    interchangeable lens camera. I got a Panasonic G3.
    ray, Oct 26, 2012