    Rock on!

    www.nikongear.com
    , Nov 3, 2006

  2. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Looks like r.p.e.35mm citizen Dallas Dahms has established a
    > successful forum with NikonGear.com. Noted Nikon
    > critique/photographer Bjorn Rorslett appears to be a regular
    > contriubtor there. It's very cool that Dallas has turned his efforts
    > outwards and opened it up to all of us and scored some big talent
    > along the way. He deserves it. B&H has recently accepted him as an
    > affilitate as well. Hey, we all know they're not cheap (except in
    > price (though that's all relative!)).
    >
    > Rock on!
    >
    > www.nikongear.com

    Hey, look!
    Dallas is talking about himself in the third person...
    :)

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Nov 3, 2006

  3. Paul Rubin Guest

    "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:
    > > www.nikongear.com

    > Hey, look!
    > Dallas is talking about himself in the third person...
    > :)

    Heh, I kind of wondered about that. Despite the spammy-looking
    announcement though, it's a nice site; I like it better than Nikonians.
    Paul Rubin, Nov 3, 2006
  4. DD Guest

    In article <>, Paul Rubin
    <http://> says...
    > "Mark²" <mjmorgan(lowest even number here)@cox..net> writes:
    > > > www.nikongear.com

    > > Hey, look!
    > > Dallas is talking about himself in the third person...
    > > :)

    > Heh, I kind of wondered about that. Despite the spammy-looking
    > announcement though, it's a nice site; I like it better than Nikonians.

    Thanks Paul.

    Actually this wasn't posted by me. I've had the link to my site in my
    signature for a long time now. When there is something about the site
    worth announcing on usenet I will make a formal announcement - I don't
    have to resort to making anonymous posts. I have no idea who posted that
    message. Could be someone who is genuine or it could be someone looking
    to stir up something.

    --
    www.nikongear.com
    Share, learn, win.
    DD, Nov 3, 2006
  5. Guest

    Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    > wrote:
    > > Looks like r.p.e.35mm citizen Dallas Dahms has established a
    > > successful forum with NikonGear.com. Noted Nikon
    > > critique/photographer Bjorn Rorslett appears to be a regular
    > > contriubtor there. It's very cool that Dallas has turned his efforts
    > > outwards and opened it up to all of us and scored some big talent
    > > along the way. He deserves it. B&H has recently accepted him as an
    > > affilitate as well. Hey, we all know they're not cheap (except in
    > > price (though that's all relative!)).
    > >
    > > Rock on!
    > >
    > > www.nikongear.com

    > Hey, look!
    > Dallas is talking about himself in the third person...
    > :)

    Does it hurt to see someone doing something worthwhile with the
    internet? Is there a reason you can't congratulate Dallas on his
    success? And, can't you see my IP address isn't from South Africa?
    , Nov 3, 2006
  6. <> wrote:

    >Does it hurt to see someone doing something worthwhile with the
    >internet? Is there a reason you can't congratulate Dallas on his
    >success? And, can't you see my IP address isn't from South Africa?

    Yes, but you seem to share an IP address with a pretty well
    known poster here. Why use a throwaway address for this
    while continuing to post other messages under your own name?

    --
    Michael Benveniste --
    Spam and UCE professionally evaluated for $250. Use this email
    Michael Benveniste, Nov 3, 2006
  7. Guest

    Michael Benveniste wrote:
    > <> wrote:
    >
    > >Does it hurt to see someone doing something worthwhile with the
    > >internet? Is there a reason you can't congratulate Dallas on his
    > >success? And, can't you see my IP address isn't from South Africa?

    > Yes, but you seem to share an IP address with a pretty well
    > known poster here. Why use a throwaway address for this
    > while continuing to post other messages under your own name?

    What's that got to do with anything in this thread? Nice red-herring.
    You don't want to give Dallas his due, fine, but you guys don't need to
    detract from him when someone tries to do just that.
    , Nov 3, 2006
  8. G.T. Guest

    <> wrote in message

    > Michael Benveniste wrote:
    > > <> wrote:
    > >
    > > >Does it hurt to see someone doing something worthwhile with the
    > > >internet? Is there a reason you can't congratulate Dallas on his
    > > >success? And, can't you see my IP address isn't from South Africa?

    > > Yes, but you seem to share an IP address with a pretty well
    > > known poster here. Why use a throwaway address for this
    > > while continuing to post other messages under your own name?
    > >

    > What's that got to do with anything in this thread? Nice red-herring.
    > You don't want to give Dallas his due, fine, but you guys don't need to
    > detract from him when someone tries to do just that.

    Hmmm, how long have you been posting here?

    Greg
    G.T., Nov 4, 2006
  9. Mark² Guest

    G.T. wrote:
    > <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Michael Benveniste wrote:

    >>> Yes, but you seem to share an IP address with a pretty well
    >>> known poster here. Why use a throwaway address for this
    >>> while continuing to post other messages under your own name?
    >>>

    >> What's that got to do with anything in this thread? Nice
    >> red-herring. You don't want to give Dallas his due, fine, but you
    >> guys don't need to detract from him when someone tries to do just
    >> that.
    >>

    > Hmmm, how long have you been posting here?
    >
    > Greg

    I checked, and his "name" had all of TWO other posts...besides this one.
    :)

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Nov 4, 2006
  10. Mark² Guest

    wrote:
    > Michael Benveniste wrote:
    >> <> wrote:
    >>
    >>> Does it hurt to see someone doing something worthwhile with the
    >>> internet? Is there a reason you can't congratulate Dallas on his
    >>> success? And, can't you see my IP address isn't from South Africa?

    >> Yes, but you seem to share an IP address with a pretty well
    >> known poster here. Why use a throwaway address for this
    >> while continuing to post other messages under your own name?
    >>

    > What's that got to do with anything in this thread? Nice red-herring.
    > You don't want to give Dallas his due, fine, but you guys don't need
    > to detract from him when someone tries to do just that.

    I don't see any detracting going on here. I just see people (including
    myself) who find it a bit curious the way this "brand new poster" (that
    would be you, Mr. ...um..."niceparking") shows up to toot horns on behalf of
    "long-time contibutor, Dallas Dahms.'"
    Rather funny, that.

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Nov 4, 2006
  11. DD Guest

    Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:

    > I don't see any detracting going on here. I just see people (including
    > myself) who find it a bit curious the way this "brand new poster" (that
    > would be you, Mr. ...um..."niceparking") shows up to toot horns on behalf of
    > "long-time contibutor, Dallas Dahms.'"
    > Rather funny, that.

    It wasn't posted by me, Mark. Nikongear has close on 400 members who
    have joined up since the start of August - it could have been any of
    them who posted it?

    How's those photography lessons working out for you? If you want you
    could visit Nikongear and learn a bunch of stuff for free.
    DD, Nov 4, 2006
  12. Mark² Guest

    DD wrote:
    > Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    >
    >> I don't see any detracting going on here. I just see people
    >> (including myself) who find it a bit curious the way this "brand new
    >> poster" (that would be you, Mr. ...um..."niceparking") shows up to
    >> toot horns on behalf of "long-time contibutor, Dallas Dahms.'"
    >> Rather funny, that.

    > It wasn't posted by me, Mark. Nikongear has close on 400 members who
    > have joined up since the start of August - it could have been any of
    > them who posted it?

    Ah. Not buying it...but if so...then apparently it attracts similarly
    foul-mouthed "gentlemen" like yourself with similarly quick tempers. Sorry
    you had to re-do your ID just so I could see you...
    Now back in the klink you go--
    Pfttttt...

    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Nov 4, 2006
  13. DD Guest

    Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    > DD wrote:
    > > Mark² (lowest even number here) wrote:
    > >
    > >> I don't see any detracting going on here. I just see people
    > >> (including myself) who find it a bit curious the way this "brand new
    > >> poster" (that would be you, Mr. ...um..."niceparking") shows up to
    > >> toot horns on behalf of "long-time contibutor, Dallas Dahms.'"
    > >> Rather funny, that.

    > > It wasn't posted by me, Mark. Nikongear has close on 400 members who
    > > have joined up since the start of August - it could have been any of
    > > them who posted it?

    > Ah. Not buying it...but if so...then apparently it attracts similarly
    > foul-mouthed "gentlemen" like yourself with similarly quick tempers. Sorry
    > you had to re-do your ID just so I could see you...
    > Now back in the klink you go--
    > Pfttttt...

    Here's a tip for you...

    Weekdays I post from a dedicated news server.
    Weekends I post from Google Groups.
    The posting ID is the same on both.

    Why don't you read the "help" section on your newsreader so as to
    figure out how to use the filters properly?
    DD, Nov 5, 2006
  14. That_Rich Guest

    On 4 Nov 2006 21:37:53 -0800, "DD" <> wrote:

    >> Ah. Not buying it...but if so...then apparently it attracts similarly
    >> foul-mouthed "gentlemen" like yourself with similarly quick tempers. Sorry
    >> you had to re-do your ID just so I could see you...
    >> Now back in the klink you go--
    >> Pfttttt...

    >Here's a tip for you...
    >
    >Weekdays I post from a dedicated news server.
    >Weekends I post from Google Groups.
    >The posting ID is the same on both.
    >
    >Why don't you read the "help" section on your newsreader so as to
    >figure out how to use the filters properly?

    He knows everything, why would a person that knows everything need to
    read a help file.
    If Mark says it's you... it must be you. If Mark says you change your
    header info to defeat his filters.... it must be so.

    RP©
    -
    "A thief believes everybody steals."

    -E.W. Howe-
    That_Rich, Nov 5, 2006
  15. Mark² Guest

    That_Rich wrote:
    > On 4 Nov 2006 21:37:53 -0800, "DD" <> wrote:
    >
    >>> Ah. Not buying it...but if so...then apparently it attracts
    >>> similarly foul-mouthed "gentlemen" like yourself with similarly
    >>> quick tempers. Sorry you had to re-do your ID just so I could see
    >>> you...
    >>> Now back in the klink you go--
    >>> Pfttttt...

    >> Here's a tip for you...
    >>
    >> Weekdays I post from a dedicated news server.
    >> Weekends I post from Google Groups.
    >> The posting ID is the same on both.
    >>
    >> Why don't you read the "help" section on your newsreader so as to
    >> figure out how to use the filters properly?

    > He knows everything, why would a person that knows everything need to
    > read a help file.
    > If Mark says it's you... it must be you. If Mark says you change your
    > header info to defeat his filters.... it must be so.

    Good to know you've figured that out...
    :)
    www.pbase.com/markuson
    Mark², Nov 5, 2006