    aristotle Guest

    Are there any advantages to installing "Nikon View 5" software on my
    Mac when I already have "iPhoto" installed.
    aristotle, Nov 21, 2004

  2. aristotle

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On 21 Nov 2004 09:39:17 -0800, in rec.photo.digital
    (aristotle) wrote:

    >Are there any advantages to installing "Nikon View 5" software on my
    >Mac when I already have "iPhoto" installed.

    Processing of raw NEF images?
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Nov 21, 2004

  3. (aristotle) writes:

    > Are there any advantages to installing "Nikon View 5" software on my
    > Mac when I already have "iPhoto" installed.

    I have an older CoolPix which doesn't shoot RAW. I installed the included
    software on my Mac and had tons of problems with it. It really sucked. I
    asked here about how to work with it, and the unanimous advice was to trash
    it and use anything else.

    I use GraphicConverter to manipulate images and iView Media Pro to
    organize, catalogue, and keep track of digital imagery.

    If whatever your camera is shoots RAW, and you use RAW, the Nikon software
    may be all that can deal with that format, I'm sorry to say. If you don't
    shoot RAW, I would continue using the software you're comfortable with.
    The Civilized Explorer | spam and read later. email to philip@
    http://www.cieux.com/ | my domain is read daily.
    Phil Stripling, Nov 21, 2004
  4. In article <>, Phil Stripling
    <> wrote:

    > If whatever your camera is shoots RAW, and you use RAW, the Nikon software
    > may be all that can deal with that format, I'm sorry to say. If you don't
    > shoot RAW, I would continue using the software you're comfortable with.

    GraphicConverter can read Nikon's raw format.
    Jeffrey Jones, Nov 23, 2004
  5. Jeffrey Jones <> writes:

    > GraphicConverter can read Nikon's raw format.

    Okay, that's a change. The last time I checked, it could only read
    Canon's.
    Phil Stripling, Nov 23, 2004