    D.Yacovone Guest

    What white balance setting is preferred on the Nikon D1 camera?. So far I'm
    pretty happy with "shade -1" when shooting JPEGS.
    D.Yacovone, Feb 29, 2004

  2. D.Yacovone

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "D.Yacovone" <> wrote in message
    news:QSr0c.5537$...
    > What white balance setting is preferred on the Nikon D1 camera?. So far

    I'm
    > pretty happy with "shade -1" when shooting JPEGS.

    Cloudy -3 seems to be popular.

    Jim Waggener, Feb 29, 2004

  3. D.Yacovone

    PeteZ Guest

    D,

    I'm a D1X user and I find it depends on the lighting conditions really.

    Shade or Cloudy add temperature (reds come out a little stronger etc) which
    can be ok sometimes, other times it doesnt look quite right.

    Either way, I always shoot RAW and make any adjustment laster in post
    processng if I made a boo-boo

    regards,

    - peteZ

    PeteZ, Mar 1, 2004