    virtually put an end to the company's film camera production.
    The camera maker said it will cease production of the six
    cameras one by one.
    -0- Jan/12/2006 15:21 GMT

    Christopher Muto, Jan 12, 2006

  2. Christopher Muto

    Guest

    Film cameras - other than disposable - long have approached curio
    status. Even high-quality, top-brand ones that were high-price when
    new have nil value on eBay now unless as antiques - meaning that most
    all don't even draw any bids or just very low ones.

    , Jan 12, 2006

  3. "Christopher Muto" <> wrote in message
    > Nikon to withdraw from film camera production+
    >
    > TOKYO, Jan. 13 Kyodo
    > Nikon Corp. said Thursday it will stop making all but two of its
    > eight film single-lens reflex cameras, unveiling a plan that will
    > virtually put an end to the company's film camera production.
    > The camera maker said it will cease production of the six
    > cameras one by one.
    > -0- Jan/12/2006 15:21 GMT

    Sales run any company. Film is just going away. I think I'd better sell
    off my silver stocks.

    Charles Schuler, Jan 12, 2006
  4. Christopher Muto

    Father Kodak Guest

    On 12 Jan 2006 10:21:27 -0800, ""
    <> wrote:

    > Film cameras - other than disposable - long have approached curio
    >status. Even high-quality, top-brand ones that were high-price when
    >new have nil value on eBay now unless as antiques - meaning that most

    Help me understand why old Nikon gear is still so pricey on ebay.
    True, some commodity type items are cheap, but have you looked at
    Photomic meter prisms, focusing screens, bodies, or motor drives? Or
    lenses?

    I only wish they had nil value on ebay so I could afford to buy it
    all.

    Vater Kodak

    Father Kodak, Jan 12, 2006
  5. Christopher Muto

    Mojtaba Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:52:42 -0500, Father Kodak
    <> wrote:

    Days ago a Chinon SE3 Memotron in good condition with a 50 mm lens
    sold on Ebay for 260 USD. Go figure it!

    Mojtaba

    Mojtaba, Jan 17, 2006
  6. Christopher Muto

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 12 Jan 2006 17:33:48 -0500, Charles Schuler wrote:

    > Sales run any company. Film is just going away. I think I'd better sell
    > off my silver stocks.

    Too late. You should have thought of that when the Hunt brothers
    were still around. <g>

    ASAAR, Jan 18, 2006