    my old Nikormat and bought a Pentax k100 on which I would truly love
    to mount those lens even in manual mode. I, or rather my wife, has a
    Pentax so I can already use those lens.

    quess who, Oct 3, 2006

  2. quess who

    Guest

    quess who wrote:
    > Has anyone heard of or know of a mount adapter to go from Nikon mount
    > lens to Pentax bayonet mount?

    Unfortunately not.
    The difference in flange to film distance between the two mounts is
    about 1mm and the bayonet is the same diameter or bigger than the
    Pentax lensmount, so any adapter would have it's Nikon F mount sit
    outside the Pentax camera mounting ring and have a correction optic to
    restore infinity focus.

    > I have a whole bunch of great lenses for
    > my old Nikormat and bought a Pentax k100 on which I would truly love
    > to mount those lens even in manual mode. I, or rather my wife, has a
    > Pentax so I can already use those lens.

    If you are feeling adventurous, you could exchange the Nikon bayonet on
    the lens with a Pentax one to fit it into the camera.
    It is a bit of a hack, as you'd either need to get the bayonets
    specialy machined, or you'd have to use a PK to M42 adapter that has a
    flange to swap with the Nikon F mount and even that would need holes
    drilled and/or slots cut/machined into it so it would fit.
    An example (on eBay) of the adapter I mean is like this one:
    <http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Fotodiox-M42-Lens-Pentax-K-Adapter-for-K1000_W0QQitemZ320034808308QQihZ011QQcategoryZ30059QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
    or like this one:
    <http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Bague-M42-pour-adapter-un-objectif-M-42-PENTAX-K_W0QQitemZ190037123330QQihZ009QQcategoryZ100744QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem>
    The result would be entirely manual and be stop-down metering only, as
    the Nikon aperture lever has to move in th oposite way to that on a
    Pentax lens.

    , Oct 4, 2006

  3. quess who

    quess who Guest

    Thanks for the reply.

    I am however, not that adventurous as to try hacking a mount when I
    have perfectly good Petax lenses to play with!:)

    quess who, Oct 6, 2006
  4. quess who

    Guest

    quess who wrote:
    > Thanks for the reply.
    >
    > I am however, not that adventurous as to try hacking a mount when I
    > have perfectly good Petax lenses to play with!:)

    Neither am I, normaly.
    On the other hand, if I see a shift lens on eBay that is going cheap in
    either Nikon F or Oly OM mount (both have a longer flange to film
    distance than Pentax K), I might be tempted.

    I have permanentaly adapted a Jupiter 9 (85mm f1:2.0) from M42 to K
    with one of those flanged adapters.
    It also involved dismantling the lens (it simply unscrews in the
    middle) and removing a spacer ring to restore infinity focus.

    , Oct 6, 2006