    Can anyone please tell me which teleconverterer I can use with this lens.
    Thanks !!!!
    Graham

    Graham Archer, Apr 16, 2006

  2. Graham Archer

    Richard Guest

    Graham Archer wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have recently bought a Nikon ED 80-200mm F2.8 D lens.
    > Can anyone please tell me which teleconverterer I can use with this lens.
    > Thanks !!!!
    > Graham

    I bought the Tamaron 2X teleconverter and the images are not as sharp as
    without. I didn't buy the Nikon as it was almost twice the price and now
    maybe think I should have. I used mine to take some pictures of Blue
    Herons and the pictures are diffused. Knowing what I know from my own
    recent experience, next time I will buy the Nikon.
    If you are in Canada and want to buy a tamaron 2x teleconverter, drop me
    a note :)
    Richard
    By the way you didn't say if you intend using it on a Nikon digital or
    not and my experience was with a D70.

    Richard, Apr 16, 2006

  3. Hi,
    Thanks for the reply.
    I am using the lens on a Nikon D200.

    Perhaps I should go for the Nikon converter.
    I was just thinking how much I would use it, and could I justify the outlay.

    All The Best !

    Graham Archer, Apr 16, 2006
  4. Graham Archer

    Pete D Guest

    "Graham Archer" <brother@.f2s.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    > Thanks for the reply.
    > I am using the lens on a Nikon D200.
    >
    > Perhaps I should go for the Nikon converter.
    > I was just thinking how much I would use it, and could I justify the
    > outlay.
    >
    > All The Best !

    You have a D200, you have ED glass, why would you choose anything but the
    best you can afford?

    Pete D, Apr 16, 2006
  5. On Sun, 16 Apr 2006 15:41:27 +0100, in rec.photo.digital "Graham Archer"
    <brother@.f2s.com> wrote:

    >Hi,
    > I have recently bought a Nikon ED 80-200mm F2.8 D lens.
    >Can anyone please tell me which teleconverterer I can use with this lens.

    I'm quite happy with the results of using the Nikon TC-20E II (2x) AF-S,
    AF-I Teleconverter with the 70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor lens
    on my D70 and D200. Samples may be found at
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/dSLR/misc/index.html
    http://edwardgruf.com/Digital_Photography/dSLR/wildlife/index.html
    look for anything with fl over 200mm
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), Apr 17, 2006