    Thanks in advance.

    Robb

    , Jan 19, 2013

  2. nospam Guest

    In article <>,
    <> wrote:

    > Nikon D5100 Question. I just bought a new, spare battery for my camera and
    > am wondering if I can leave it in the charger when I put it back into my
    > camera bag, or should I remove the battery from the charger and then put it
    > away?

    remove it from the charger. there may be a parasitic draw from the
    charger when it's not actively charging the battery. also, put the
    plastic cover on the battery so nothing can short out the contacts.

    nospam, Jan 20, 2013

  3. philo  Guest

    On 01/19/2013 06:20 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nikon D5100 Question. I just bought a new, spare battery for my camera and
    >> am wondering if I can leave it in the charger when I put it back into my
    >> camera bag, or should I remove the battery from the charger and then put it
    >> away?

    > remove it from the charger. there may be a parasitic draw from the
    > charger when it's not actively charging the battery. also, put the
    > plastic cover on the battery so nothing can short out the contacts.

    Yep, that's what I do and after years of use all my batteries are still
    good.

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Jan 20, 2013
  4. nick c Guest

    On 1/19/2013 3:30 PM, wrote:
    > Nikon D5100 Question. I just bought a new, spare battery for my camera and am wondering if I can leave it in the charger when I put it back into my camera bag, or should I remove the battery from the charger and then put it away?
    >
    > Thanks in advance.
    >
    > Robb

    It's just my opinion but I would still follow the practice of using the
    plastic terminal cover that came with the battery. It's what I do, and
    I'm programmed to do no wrong. [<g>]

    nick c, Jan 20, 2013
  5. Robert Coe Guest

    On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 15:30:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:
    : Nikon D5100 Question. I just bought a new, spare battery for my camera and am wondering if I can leave it in the charger when I put it back into my camera bag, or should I remove the battery from the charger and then put it away?

    Remove it. Modern electronics has reached a point where current leakage back
    through the charger shouldn't happen, but why take the risk? If space is so
    short in your camera bag that it matters, leave the charger at home. What I do
    to avoid getting stuck is keep a charger at home and another one at work.

    Bob

    Robert Coe, Jan 20, 2013
  6. Peter Guest

    On 1/19/2013 11:05 PM, Robert Coe wrote:
    > On Sat, 19 Jan 2013 15:30:44 -0800 (PST), wrote:
    > : Nikon D5100 Question. I just bought a new, spare battery for my camera and am wondering if I can leave it in the charger when I put it back into my camera bag, or should I remove the battery from the charger and then put it away?
    >
    > Remove it. Modern electronics has reached a point where current leakage back
    > through the charger shouldn't happen, but why take the risk? If space is so
    > short in your camera bag that it matters, leave the charger at home. What I do
    > to avoid getting stuck is keep a charger at home and another one at work.
    >
    > Bob

    I used to have three chargers at home. Since my duaghters became
    emancipated, I have one. ;-)

    --
    PeterN

    Peter, Jan 21, 2013
  7. Peter Guest

    On 1/19/2013 7:20 PM, nospam wrote:
    > In article <>,
    > <> wrote:
    >
    >> Nikon D5100 Question. I just bought a new, spare battery for my camera and
    >> am wondering if I can leave it in the charger when I put it back into my
    >> camera bag, or should I remove the battery from the charger and then put it
    >> away?

    > remove it from the charger. there may be a parasitic draw from the
    > charger when it's not actively charging the battery. also, put the
    > plastic cover on the battery so nothing can short out the contacts.

    Yep. Good advice.

    --
    PeterN

    Peter, Jan 21, 2013