    mgg
    --
    sig goes here
    Michael Gardner, Oct 12, 2004

  2. On Tue, 12 Oct 2004 08:47:28 -0500, Michael Gardner wrote:

    > I'm using Photopc and Eugene Crosser's document on Serial Protocols to
    > control my Coolpix 800.
    >
    > I can control many camera functions - but cannot control the AEL/WBL or
    > Zoom features. I can change them in the camera and see the changes in
    > the registers - but changing the register values is not reflected in the
    > camera.

    Yes, I saw the same thing with my coolpix 880 (uses USB, I don't own it
    anymore), with both photopc and gphoto2.

    > Has anyone else tried using this protocol on an 800?
    >
    > Also, any idea if this stuff can be adapted to modern day Nikon's?

    Newer Nikon's use the PTP protocol, I don't have experience with them
    (i.e. no details as to what works without googling). The newer Olympus
    cameras still uses sierra, though I could not get photopc working with my
    Olympus (don't know if it is a problem with photopc or my setup, and
    haven't tried to figure it out), gphoto2 works fine with my Olympus -
    including the zoom.

    -- Patrick Mansfield
    Patrick Mansfield, Oct 12, 2004