    any of you ever attended one of these schools and would the School of
    Photography or the Digital 101 be the better class. I am definitely an
    amateur. Thanks

    Bill, Oct 20, 2004

  2. "Bill" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    >I am getting a Nikon D70 for Christmas and am thinking about attending one
    >of Nikon's schools in the Dallas area. My present cameras are a Nikon N50
    >and a Minolta Dimage S404 and, while they take good pictures, I sometimes
    >don't. I want to learn how to use my new D70 to its fullest extent. Have
    >any of you ever attended one of these schools and would the School of
    >Photography or the Digital 101 be the better class. I am definitely an
    >amateur. Thanks

    If you like books, look into "Understanding Exposure" by Bryan Peterson.

    Charles Schuler, Oct 20, 2004

  3. Bill

    Annika1980 Guest

    >I want to learn how to use my new D70 to its fullest extent. Have
    >any of you ever attended one of these schools and would the School of
    >Photography or the Digital 101 be the better class. I am definitely an
    >amateur. Thanks

    I went to the Digital 101 class. It was pretty good, but it assumes a certain
    level of knowledge. Try the photography class instead. And if you have any
    questions about your Nikon, those guys can surely answer it.

    Annika1980, Oct 20, 2004
  4. Bill

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>, says...

    >I am getting a Nikon D70 for Christmas and am thinking about attending one
    >of Nikon's schools in the Dallas area. My present cameras are a Nikon N50
    >and a Minolta Dimage S404 and, while they take good pictures, I sometimes
    >don't. I want to learn how to use my new D70 to its fullest extent. Have
    >any of you ever attended one of these schools and would the School of
    >Photography or the Digital 101 be the better class. I am definitely an
    >amateur. Thanks

    I attended one, back in the 1970's. It was a blast, and there were tons of
    little "tips," that made the day and one-half worth the $. Haven't been to one
    since, but I'd say that, unless they are dropping the ball on the Nikon
    School, it will be well worth the effort. Some of the info might go over your
    head, but with good notes, and questions at the breaks, you can fill in the
    blanks later, when the problem surfaces, and you have the answer.

    Hunt

    Hunt, Oct 21, 2004
  5. Bill

    George Guest

    "Bill" <> wrote in message
    > I am getting a Nikon D70 for Christmas and am thinking about attending one
    > of Nikon's schools in the Dallas area. My present cameras are a Nikon N50
    > and a Minolta Dimage S404 and, while they take good pictures, I sometimes
    > don't. I want to learn how to use my new D70 to its fullest extent. Have
    > any of you ever attended one of these schools and would the School of
    > Photography or the Digital 101 be the better class. I am definitely an
    > amateur. Thanks

    You say your cameras take good pictures (technically exposed correctly and
    sharp?) but
    sometimes you don't (composition and lighting?). Since your present and
    future cameras
    can usually get the technical aspects correct for you, why don't you take a
    class (first) to
    concentrate on the aesthetic aspects of photography (lighting, composition,
    form, texture,
    shape, etc.). Getting better results would probably inspire you to learn
    and do even more...

    George

    George, Oct 21, 2004
  6. On 21 Oct 2004 00:00:14 GMT, (Hunt) wrote:

    >In article <>, says...
    >>
    >>I am getting a Nikon D70 for Christmas and am thinking about attending one
    >>of Nikon's schools in the Dallas area. My present cameras are a Nikon N50
    >>and a Minolta Dimage S404 and, while they take good pictures, I sometimes
    >>don't. I want to learn how to use my new D70 to its fullest extent. Have
    >>any of you ever attended one of these schools and would the School of
    >>Photography or the Digital 101 be the better class. I am definitely an
    >>amateur. Thanks

    >I attended one, back in the 1970's. It was a blast, and there were tons of
    >little "tips," that made the day and one-half worth the $. Haven't been to one
    >since, but I'd say that, unless they are dropping the ball on the Nikon
    >School, it will be well worth the effort. Some of the info might go over your
    >head, but with good notes, and questions at the breaks, you can fill in the
    >blanks later, when the problem surfaces, and you have the answer.

    My wife and I attended one in 1999 and found it well worth both the
    money and the time. We also found it worthwhile taking a course in
    nature photography sponsored by New York Audubon.

    All these were to improve our use of equipment that did far better
    than we could.

    Rodney Myrvaagnes NYC J36 Gjo/a

    "Religious wisdom is to wisdom as military music is to music."

    Rodney Myrvaagnes, Oct 21, 2004