    to scan and several days off now. Any help?
    Thanks in advance. Mark Anderson
    , Apr 5, 2006

  2. wrote:
    > I've been using my Nikon Coolscan 9000ED for several months and just
    > upgraded my computer from a G3 iBook running OS 10.2.8 to a new Intel
    > DuoCore iMac running OS 10.4.5. Nikon Scan 4 now crashes immediately
    > (within 2 seconds) of attempting to launch it, either w/ v4.0.0 or
    > after updating to 4.0.2. I can't find anything re this either an Apple
    > support or on Nikon support. I got a lot more negs and transparencies
    > to scan and several days off now. Any help?
    > Thanks in advance. Mark Anderson

    I'd try the comp.sys..... hierarchy. In the meantime, use the G-3

    --
    John McWilliams
    John McWilliams, Apr 5, 2006

  3. wrote:
    > I've been using my Nikon Coolscan 9000ED for several months and just
    > upgraded my computer from a G3 iBook running OS 10.2.8 to a new Intel
    > DuoCore iMac running OS 10.4.5. Nikon Scan 4 now crashes immediately
    > (within 2 seconds) of attempting to launch it, either w/ v4.0.0 or
    > after updating to 4.0.2. I can't find anything re this either an Apple
    > support or on Nikon support. I got a lot more negs and transparencies
    > to scan and several days off now. Any help?

    It sounds like an issue of emulation, as the binaries to my knowledge, are
    still compiled for the the old processors. Is there any chance you can use
    the Windows version on your new Mac (under emulation of course)?

    --
    Thomas T. Veldhouse
    Thomas T. Veldhouse, Apr 5, 2006
  4. On 5 Apr 2006 01:39:51 -0700 in rec.photo.digital,
    wrote:

    > Nikon Scan 4 now crashes immediately
    > (within 2 seconds) of attempting to launch it, either w/ v4.0.0 or
    > after updating to 4.0.2.

    of course the program crashes, because it's compiled for the G3's
    motorola powerpc CPU, not for the pentium. this isn't the only
    mac program that ain't gonna run on the new intel machines. i
    suspect that there will be a lot of device drivers that will need
    updating.
    Dennis P. Harris, Apr 7, 2006
  5. Shanghai Guest

    Yes, regrettably I found out that this is true. After talking to a
    Nikon technical rep and having missed the appropriate file in their
    FAQ, I found out that currently no Nikon software runs on the Intel
    Macs yet. They're working on it, and I can't imagine them not being
    anxious to solve the conflict but as of now their official line is they
    don't know "when or if".

    Similarly, I couldn't use me Epson R2400 with the former driver though
    Epson has a new driver ready for download.

    No problems with Photoshop Elements. So, I'm in business again, but
    have to tediously do new scans using my old laptop, which takes quite a
    while with 200MB scans.

    Mark
    Shanghai, Apr 8, 2006
  6. In article <>,
    Shanghai <> writes
    >Yes, regrettably I found out that this is true. After talking to a
    >Nikon technical rep and having missed the appropriate file in their
    >FAQ, I found out that currently no Nikon software runs on the Intel
    >Macs yet. They're working on it, and I can't imagine them not being
    >anxious to solve the conflict but as of now their official line is they
    >don't know "when or if".

    I hope they are quicker than they have been in fixing the bugs they have
    acknowledged are present in NS4.02 - 1 year 9months and 16 days in
    counting... :-(
    --
    Kennedy
    Kennedy McEwen, Apr 8, 2006