    the year.

    Meagpixls can only get higher, and I think they will move to 11mp, just a question of
    this year or not

    simon sutton, Mar 23, 2005

  2. simon sutton

    TAFKAB Guest

    "simon sutton" <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > Guys just my thoughts,
    >
    > I really doubt Nikon can realease a higher MP camera in the same price
    > bracket than
    > Canon.
    >
    > If they do release a D200 it will be 8MP but probably higher speced than
    > the Canon
    > 20D.
    >
    > This will be great but I believe Canon will like always have something in
    > the wings as
    > what are the chance canon is not going to release a camera between now and
    > the end of
    > the year.
    >
    > Meagpixls can only get higher, and I think they will move to 11mp, just a
    > question of
    > this year or not

    Two things to think of:

    1. Nikon isn't a sensor company, so they have to have access to a sensor
    before they introduce a camera. This is, of course, a marked change from the
    past.

    2. Increase density on smaller sensors will, as usual, create more noise,
    and will tax the lenses. There's no point in sticking 16M on a small sensor
    if the lenses can't match that resolution.

    In the meantime, I'll enjoy the gear I have. Even if it isn't Nikon anymore.

    TAFKAB, Mar 23, 2005