Nikon RAW codec, Vista x64 now happy together

Discussion in 'Windows 64bit' started by Barb Bowman, Aug 4, 2008.

  1. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    Barb Bowman, Aug 4, 2008

  2. > Downloaded the 1.40 Nikon NEF codec (Windows Live Photo Gallery). To

    Still no mention of X64 at http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/ .

    --

    Met vriendelijke groet,
    Mark Veldhuis.

    Mark Veldhuis, Aug 4, 2008

  3. Barb Bowman

    Barb Bowman Guest

    no mention at all, but I downloaded it to a Ferrari 4000 with x64
    SP1 and it works. Nikon is pretty careful to document everywhere
    with all their software what OSes are supported and x64 is still
    MIA. But this is a good sign.

    I've actually been using Fastone's image viewer (www.fastone.org) to
    navigate terabytes of NEFs. It allows me to configure external
    editors and more. Still, it's good news that there finally is
    "native" x64 support, albeit far too late. There are more and more
    computers with x64 pre-installed, even at retail.

    On Mon, 04 Aug 2008 22:27:36 +0200, Mark Veldhuis
    <> wrote:

    >Still no mention of X64 at http://nikonimglib.com/nefcodec/ .

    --

    Barb Bowman
    MS-MVP
    http://digitalmediaphile.wordpress.com

    Barb Bowman, Aug 5, 2008
  4. > no mention at all, but I downloaded it to a Ferrari 4000 with x64
    > SP1 and it works.

    Cool! Did you download it from the URL in my previous post?

    > Nikon is pretty careful to document everywhere
    > with all their software what OSes are supported and x64 is still
    > MIA. But this is a good sign.

    I agree! :)

    --

    Met vriendelijke groet,