    to the State of California to cause birth defects..."

    which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    albert, Jun 7, 2007

  2. albert

    Aaron Guest

    And lo, albert <> emerged from the ether
    and spake thus:
    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Listen, Albert, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

    --
    Aaron
    http://www.fisheyegallery.com

    Aaron, Jun 7, 2007

  3. albert

    albert Guest

    "Aaron" <> wrote in message

    > Listen, Albert, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.

    Breaking an egg is one thing, two headed chickens hatching is another.

    albert, Jun 7, 2007
  4. albert

    Aaron Guest

    And lo, albert <> emerged from the ether
    and spake thus:

    > "Aaron" <> wrote in message
    >>
    >> Listen, Albert, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
    >>

    > Breaking an egg is one thing, two headed chickens hatching is another.

    When have two-headed chickens ever hurt anyone? Nobody ever died from
    eating a two-headed chicken.

    Aaron, Jun 7, 2007
  5. albert

    jdear64 Guest

    On Jun 7, 3:03 am, "albert" <> wrote:
    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Wood chips used for smoking meat have a cancer warning also. Just
    imagine what the whole tree will do to you!

    jdear64, Jun 7, 2007
  6. albert

    Allen Guest

    Aaron wrote:
    > And lo, albert <> emerged from the ether
    > and spake thus:
    >> "Aaron" <> wrote in message
    >>> Listen, Albert, you can't make an omelette without breaking some eggs.
    >>>

    >> Breaking an egg is one thing, two headed chickens hatching is another.
    >>

    > When have two-headed chickens ever hurt anyone? Nobody ever died from
    > eating a two-headed chicken.

    About the warning of the presence of lead:

    I am 78 years old. I was around paint containing lead for most of my
    life; as a matter of fact, when I was an infant I developed a taste for
    the lead-based paint on my parents bed. I could, by holding on to the
    top of the side of my baby bed and jumping up and down, maneuver so that
    I could chew the paint off of that bed. I apparently suffered no ill
    effects from neither it nor all the rest of the lead that I was exposed
    to. We also had natural gas space heaters that had thick layers of
    exposed asbestos behind the burners, with no ill effects. I don't want
    to downplay the dangers of either lead or asbestos, but I'm not
    convinced that casual exposure to small amounts is not a problem. People
    who worked with either of those materials, though, have had many
    problems. My point is that in case a tiny amount of lead should manage
    to work through the insulation on a small cable it would cause no
    problem unless one should keep it in his/her mouth habitually.
    Allen

    Allen, Jun 7, 2007
  7. albert

    Roy G Guest

    "albert" <> wrote in message
    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical
    > known to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their
    > remote cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Perhaps they should issue a State Wide ban on their sale. Obviously they
    are very dangerous, unlike Firearms which are entirely benevolent and have
    never harmed any child, born or awaiting birth.

    Roy G

    Roy G, Jun 7, 2007
  8. albert

    Nervous Nick Guest

    On Jun 7, 4:57 pm, "Roy G" <> wrote:
    > "albert" <> wrote in message

    > > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because

    > > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical
    > > known to the State of California to cause birth defects..."

    > > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their
    > > remote cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    > Perhaps they should issue a State Wide ban on their sale. Obviously they
    > are very dangerous, unlike Firearms which are entirely benevolent and have
    > never harmed any child, born or awaiting birth.

    That's because bullets are really hard to chew.

    --
    YOP...

    Nervous Nick, Jun 8, 2007
  9. albert

    Aaron Guest

    And lo, Allen <> emerged from the ether
    and spake thus:
    > Aaron wrote:
    >> And lo, albert <> emerged from the ether
    >> and spake thus:
    >>>>

    >>> Breaking an egg is one thing, two headed chickens hatching is another.
    >>>

    >> When have two-headed chickens ever hurt anyone? Nobody ever died from
    >> eating a two-headed chicken.
    >>

    > About the warning of the presence of lead:
    >
    > I am 78 years old. I was around paint containing lead for most of my
    > life; as a matter of fact, when I was an infant I developed a taste for
    > the lead-based paint on my parents bed. I could, by holding on to the
    > top of the side of my baby bed and jumping up and down, maneuver so that
    > I could chew the paint off of that bed. I apparently suffered no ill
    > effects from neither it nor all the rest of the lead that I was exposed
    > to. We also had natural gas space heaters that had thick layers of
    > exposed asbestos behind the burners, with no ill effects. I don't want
    > to downplay the dangers of either lead or asbestos, but I'm not
    > convinced that casual exposure to small amounts is not a problem. People
    > who worked with either of those materials, though, have had many
    > problems. My point is that in case a tiny amount of lead should manage
    > to work through the insulation on a small cable it would cause no
    > problem unless one should keep it in his/her mouth habitually.
    > Allen

    The apartment I lived in last year had to be abetted because of the
    large quantity of lead-based paint that remained on some of the brick
    (the building had previously been a yarn mill). It is my understanding
    that there are no strict regulations regarding lead in living spaces,
    but there is strict regulation regarding informing the residents of
    same.

    The management company of my building made the (wise) decision to have
    all of the remaining lead paint removed (at their expense, obviously),
    but the building next door was known to have not only lead but also
    trace amounts of asbestos. Residents there were required to sign
    documents confirming that they had been *informed* of this, but that
    is all.

    I believe you are correct, Allen, about the presence of trace amounts
    of lead. If the warning label on that product should tell you
    anything, it is "don't put this in your mouth and suck on it."

    Aaron, Jun 8, 2007
  10. albert

    Rich Guest

    On Jun 7, 6:03 am, "albert" <> wrote:
    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Computer and other vinyl cords and the number 1 source of lead
    contamination now.
    Long ago surpassing gasoline and paint. Chinese plastic products (and
    other products) = contamination.

    http://www.iht.com/articles/2007/05/03/business/bibs.php

    http://www.nsc.org/issues/lead/leadminiblinds.htm

    http://www.japantoday.com/jp/news/407597

    Rich, Jun 8, 2007
  11. albert

    John Turco Guest

    albert wrote:

    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Hello, Albert:

    Simple solution: Don't use Nikon gear, in California! <g>

    Cordially,
    John Turco <>

    John Turco, Jun 10, 2007
  12. albert

    ASAAR Guest

    On Fri, 08 Jun 2007 09:48:47 -0000, Nervous Nick wrote:

    >> Perhaps they should issue a State Wide ban on their sale. Obviously they
    >> are very dangerous, unlike Firearms which are entirely benevolent and have
    >> never harmed any child, born or awaiting birth.

    > That's because bullets are really hard to chew.

    Nonsense. Haven't you ever seen any westerns?

    ASAAR, Jun 10, 2007
  13. albert

    Jim Guest

    On 2007-06-07 06:03:26 -0400, "albert" <> said:

    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Don't buy a garden hose, a flourescent light bulb or anyone of a number
    of other common items.
    --
    Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    Jim, Jun 10, 2007
  14. albert

    Bates Guest

    On Jun 10, 11:42 am, Jim wrote:
    > On 2007-06-07 06:03:26 -0400, "albert" <> said:
    >
    > > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because

    > > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."

    > > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    > Don't buy a garden hose, a flourescent light bulb or anyone of a number
    > of other common items.
    > --
    > Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    But....they are going to ban incandescent bulbs soon - he's going to
    have to go back to using candles.....

    By the way candles are known to the State of California to cause
    fires....

    Bates, Jun 11, 2007
  15. albert

    C J Campbell Guest

    On 2007-06-07 03:03:26 -0700, "albert" <> said:

    > You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    > "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    > to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    > which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    > cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    California requires this label on virtually every product sold in the
    state. It is a classic example of requiring so many warning labels that
    the warnings become meaningless.
    --
    Waddling Eagle
    World Famous Flight Instructor

    C J Campbell, Jun 11, 2007
  16. albert

    Jim Guest

    On 2007-06-10 22:01:58 -0400, Bates <> said:

    > On Jun 10, 11:42 am, Jim wrote:
    >> On 2007-06-07 06:03:26 -0400, "albert" <> said:
    >>
    >>> You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because

    >>> "handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    >>> to the State of California to cause birth defects..."

    >>> which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    >>> cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    >> Don't buy a garden hose, a flourescent light bulb or anyone of a number
    >> of other common items.
    >> --
    >> Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    > But....they are going to ban incandescent bulbs soon - he's going to
    > have to go back to using candles.....
    >
    > By the way candles are known to the State of California to cause
    > fires....

    Exactly my point...... Stuff happens!
    --
    Jim <jen....not....home..remvdots...@....yahoo

    Jim, Jun 11, 2007
  17. albert

    pltrgyst Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:03:26 +0100, "albert" <> wrote:

    >.... imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    So yo momma owned a whole bunch of Nikons, eh?

    -- Larry

    pltrgyst, Jun 11, 2007
  18. albert

    Bill Funk Guest

    On Thu, 7 Jun 2007 11:03:26 +0100, "albert" <> wrote:

    >You should be warned, don't buy the Nikon MC-DC1 remote cord because
    >
    >"handling the cord on this product will expose you to lead, a chemical known
    >to the State of California to cause birth defects..."
    >
    >which is what it says on the accompanying leaflet. Thats just their remote
    >cord, imagine what a whole camera might do to you.

    Ca. also requires signs on motels that allow smoking in rooms to the
    effect that the motel allows smoking which is known to California to
    cause cancer.
    Aren't rules to protect us nice?

    Paris Hilton called Barbara Walters from prison
    Monday to say she is giving up her dumb act.
    The heiress said she's not the ditzy character
    she plays in public. She said while in prison
    she found God, but was baffled as to why God
    was in prison.

    Bill Funk, Jun 14, 2007