Nikon Picture Project Woes

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Jimmy G, Sep 14, 2004.

  1. Jimmy G

    Jimmy G Guest

    Nikon Picture Project (NPP) just quit working with autolaunch.

    For several weeks, I would plug my USB into my D70, turn it on, & then NPP
    would autolaunch.

    Nikon & Microsoft support have been of no help.

    I've re-set autolaunch in the requisite drive, run "Tweak " & "Autofix,"
    Uninstalled & reinstalled NPP at least four times, but still no autolaunch.

    I can plug the camera in and click on "Transfer" to d/l photos from the
    camera, and this usually works. Sometimes, doing this manually will result
    in a interrupted d/l, with photos in multiple folders.

    I have upgraded the firmware in my D70, but could this be the problem?
    Should I re-install the firmware.

    The problem persists on any of the three different CD cards I have.

    Jimmy G, Sep 14, 2004

  2. I don't know if this helps any, but I've read that Picture Project is not as
    good as the Nikon View or Nikon Capture software normally used with Nikon
    digitals. Try those. I realize maybe that isn't what you're asking, but that
    is what I've heard.

    LRH

    Larry R Harrison Jr, Sep 14, 2004

  3. Jimmy G

    whisper Guest

    I HATE the Nikon picture project.. I transfer my photos with it..and then
    switch to adobe..

    Kass
    "Larry R Harrison Jr" <> wrote in message
    : I don't know if this helps any, but I've read that Picture Project is not
    as
    : good as the Nikon View or Nikon Capture software normally used with Nikon
    : digitals. Try those. I realize maybe that isn't what you're asking, but
    that
    : is what I've heard.
    :
    : LRH
    :
    :
    : "Jimmy G" <> wrote in message
    : news:xSp1d.37738$9Y5.1716@fed1read02...
    : > Nikon Picture Project (NPP) just quit working with autolaunch.
    : >
[...]
    : > Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.
    : >
    : >
    :
    :

    whisper, Sep 17, 2004
  4. Jimmy G

    Chuck Norris Guest

    On Mon, 13 Sep 2004 16:15:42 -0700, "Jimmy G"
    <> wrote:

    >Nikon Picture Project (NPP) just quit working with autolaunch.
    >
    >For several weeks, I would plug my USB into my D70, turn it on, & then NPP
    >would autolaunch.
    >
    >Nikon & Microsoft support have been of no help.
    >
    >I've re-set autolaunch in the requisite drive, run "Tweak " & "Autofix,"
    >Uninstalled & reinstalled NPP at least four times, but still no autolaunch.
    >
    >I can plug the camera in and click on "Transfer" to d/l photos from the
    >camera, and this usually works. Sometimes, doing this manually will result
    >in a interrupted d/l, with photos in multiple folders.
    >
    >I have upgraded the firmware in my D70, but could this be the problem?
    >Should I re-install the firmware.
    >
    >The problem persists on any of the three different CD cards I have.
    >
    >Any suggestions are greatly appreciated.

    I had a similar problem, not with a Nikon, but anyhoo, it seems that
    the USB port just didnt like the camera in that port. I plugged it
    into a different one, back to normal again. USB port was working fine,
    works fine with other items, just not my camera. Try moving it to
    another known good USB port.

    Chuck Norris, Sep 17, 2004