    error. I contacted Nikon and they had me run a utility regedit when I
    uninsatlled. I reinsatlled and same error. Nikon says it's a Windows
    problem. Any suggestions?

    Lou, Jan 25, 2006

  2. Lou

    GTO Guest

    Can you upgrade to Windows XP Home edition? Windows 98 SE is getting slowly
    outdated.

    Gregor

    GTO, Jan 25, 2006

  3. Lou

    frederick Guest

    GTO wrote:
    > Can you upgrade to Windows XP Home edition? Windows 98 SE is getting slowly
    > outdated.
    >
    > Gregor

    Agreed.
    Some other points are that if the machine is too slow / lacking RAM to
    run XP well, then it's going to be a slow and frustrating to do any
    serious photo editing with images more than a couple of mp in size.
    Picture Project is not a very good (IMO) program. Very slow, cumbersome
    RAW converter, and lacking any advanced options for dealing with either
    RAW files or jpegs. Raw Shooter Essentials and Gimp 2 (for Windows) is
    a pretty satisfactory free solution - although a bit of a learning curve
    is required to master both.

    frederick, Jan 25, 2006