    What are your opinions on these lenses? And which is a better buy? I'm
    using a Fuji S2 pro.

    Thanks.

    C.S., Jan 4, 2004

  2. C.S.

    Dan Sullivan Guest

    "C.S." <> wrote in message
    news:...
    > What are your opinions on these lenses? And which is a better buy? I'm
    > using a Fuji S2 pro.
    >
    > Thanks.

    The Sigma will cover full frame on a 35mm if you need a shot that wide.

    And use both film and digital cameras.

    The Nikon won't cover 24 x 36mm.

    Just FYI.

    Dan Sullivan, Jan 4, 2004

  3. On 4 Jan 2004 08:42:28 -0800, (C.S.) wrote:

    >What are your opinions on these lenses? And which is a better buy? I'm
    >using a Fuji S2 pro.
    >
    >Thanks.

    I'm myself looking at something similar - I've just ruled out the
    Sigma 12-24 after seeing this page :
    http://www.pbase.com/crowning/charts_wa_01

    Now my choice is between the Sigma 15-30 and the Nikkor 12-24.

    /Niels

    Niels J. Larsen, Jan 4, 2004
  4. > I'm myself looking at something similar - I've just ruled out the
    > Sigma 12-24 after seeing this page :
    > http://www.pbase.com/crowning/charts_wa_01

    Did you look at the pictures too? Or just the test charts?

    Andrew Koenig, Jan 4, 2004
  5. C.S.

    ThomasH Guest

    "Niels J. Larsen" wrote:

    > On 4 Jan 2004 08:42:28 -0800, (C.S.) wrote:
    >
    > >What are your opinions on these lenses? And which is a better buy? I'm
    > >using a Fuji S2 pro.
    > >
    > >Thanks.

    > I'm myself looking at something similar - I've just ruled out the
    > Sigma 12-24 after seeing this page :
    > http://www.pbase.com/crowning/charts_wa_01

    Ouch, this Sigma is really bad than!
    See http://www.naturfotograf.com/ for a full review of the 12-24/F4 DX Nikkor.

    Thomas

    ThomasH, Jan 4, 2004
  6. On Sun, 04 Jan 2004 18:26:41 GMT, "Andrew Koenig" <> wrote:

    >> I'm myself looking at something similar - I've just ruled out the
    >> Sigma 12-24 after seeing this page :
    >> http://www.pbase.com/crowning/charts_wa_01

    >Did you look at the pictures too? Or just the test charts?

    I did and I can still see a difference.
    Maybe I couldn't have if I hadn't seen the test charts first, but boy
    those test chart results are NOT good.

    Perhaps I would be very satisfied if I bought the Sigma 12-24 -
    perhaps not, but I'm not going to buy it just to find out. On the
    other hand I'm close to buying the Sigma 15-30, but it annoys me that
    it's not possible to use filters properly on that lens.

    /Niels

    Niels J. Larsen, Jan 4, 2004