    Just dont want to try to attach it to the camera body and damage it.

    Any help or suggestions would be appreciated

    James

    James, Oct 23, 2003

  2. James

    hobart Guest

    Don't take what I say as the gospel, BUT...I have been looking pricing and
    shopping for the D100 myself this past week. I was talking to a very
    knowledgeable sales rep and asking him many questions about backwards
    computability for my Nikon lenses and sb25 flash. The Autofocus lenses will
    work of course, but he said the manual ones will not. I was very bombarded
    with new information and didn't think to ask him why non AF Nikon lenses
    will not work.

    hobart, Oct 23, 2003

  3. James

    PeteZ Guest

    try here: http://www.dpreview.com/forums/forum.asp?forum=1030

    PeteZ, Oct 23, 2003
  4. James

    Gavin Cato Guest

    They'll physically fit fine. They won't meter however. You'll need to use
    them in manual mode.

    If you need metering with those old lenses, you'll want a D1/D1h/D1x

    Gav

    Gavin Cato, Oct 24, 2003