Nikon LS 50 scanner problem

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Alfred Molon, Aug 7, 2004.

  1. Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon Guest

    My brother scanned some slides with this scanner, obtaining very blurred
    results. Here is one example:

    http://www.ddde.de/F21_35.jpg

    The shot was taken with a Minolta SLR and a Tamron 28-200 lens. While it
    is possible that the lens is not too sharp or that there is some motion
    blur, somebody suggested that the scanner didn't focus properly.

    Is anybody else using this scanner, perhaps with better results ? Do you
    use manual focus or autofocus ? How did you set up the scanner ?
    --

    Alfred Molon

    Alfred Molon, Aug 7, 2004

  2. Alfred Molon

    Crownfield Guest

    Alfred Molon wrote:

    > My brother scanned some slides with this scanner, obtaining very blurred
    > results. Here is one example:
    >
    > http://www.ddde.de/F21_35.jpg
    >
    > The shot was taken with a Minolta SLR and a Tamron 28-200 lens. While it
    > is possible that the lens is not too sharp or that there is some motion
    > blur, somebody suggested that the scanner didn't focus properly.

    i do not see any film grain,
    so the scanner focus is a good place to look.

    Crownfield, Aug 7, 2004