    I would like to obtain NO overexposure and PC resolution
    Thanks in advance
    Roberto (IW1ERL)

    IW1ERL, Jun 11, 2009

  2. IW1ERL

    ASAAR Guest

    On Thu, 11 Jun 2009 01:55:07 -0700 (PDT), IW1ERL wrote:

    > I have a problem with the Nikon Coolpix L11 I use at work.
    > It remember the overexposure setting + 2.0 stop and remeber max
    > resolution 6M.

    The Multi Selector is used to change the L11's exposure
    compensation and the Image Mode option of the Shooting Menu is used
    to change the resolution. It sounds like you're saying that you're
    no longer able to change these (and probably many other settings).
    Is this accurate?

    > I made a reset to original factory setting and left it without
    > batteries for 4 days but I did not solve the problem.
    > Any ideas to made an hard(?) reset to eliminate this memorization?
    > I would like to obtain NO overexposure and PC resolution

    On page 91 of the manual it states :

    > The clock battery charges when the main batteries are installed
    > or an AC adapter is connected, and can provide several days of
    > backup power after about 10 hours of charging.

    If you remove the AA batteries, it may take more than 4 days to
    reset the camera. If it works, the camera will also lose the
    current date-time. Try removing the batteries for 10 days or
    longer. You're fortunate in a way, since many similar cameras state
    that to drain the small internal battery, the main batteries must be
    kept out of the camera for a month or longer. This won't guarantee
    that the exposure compensation or other settings will be reset to
    their default values. This depends on whether they are stored in
    volatile or non-volatile memory. At the very least, when you
    finally insert the AA cells back into the camera, you need to see
    the L11 immediately ask you to set the time and date. If you don't
    see this, the batteries were reinstalled too soon. Good luck.

    ASAAR, Jun 11, 2009

  3. IW1ERL

    IW1ERL Guest

    Re: Nikon L11 hard(?) reset

    On 11 Giu, 15:27, ASAAR <> wrote:

    Dear ASAAR
    many thanks for your reply

    > Try removing the batteries for 10 days or longer.

    I will try this way during holiday time in August...
    I will let you know...
    Roberto (IW1ERL)

    IW1ERL, Jun 11, 2009