    I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
    it is worth today?

    Clueless, Joe L>

    Col. Joe Levinson, Feb 4, 2008

  2. "Col. Joe Levinson" <> wrote:

    >I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.
    >
    > I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
    > it is worth today?

    Check out the used prices at KEH.

    http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/home.aspx

    David J. Littleboy
    Tokyo, Japan

    David J. Littleboy, Feb 4, 2008

  3. Col. Joe Levinson

    Toby Guest

    "Col. Joe Levinson" <> wrote in message
    >I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.
    >
    > I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
    > it is worth today?

    Check eBay to get an idea.

    Toby

    Toby, Feb 4, 2008
  4. Col. Joe Levinson

    Jim Guest

    >I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.
    >
    > I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
    > it is worth today?
    >
    > Clueless, Joe L>

    The amount you can get for it depends to a large extent on which finder it
    has. There were plain vanilla finders, finders with match needle exposure
    control to be used with pre-AI lenses, and
    at the very end finders with match needle control to be used with AI lenses.
    A camera with the first one will bring the least amount of money, and a
    camera with the last one will bring the most amount of money. Ebay, etc.,
    is the best place to look.

    Jim

    Jim, Feb 4, 2008
  5. "Jim" <> wrote in message news:wgHpj.7135$...
    > "Col. Joe Levinson" <> wrote in message

    >> I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.
    >>
    >> I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
    >> it is worth today?
    >>
    >> Clueless, Joe L

    As others have suggested, look at KEH, B&H, eBay, etc. to see what
    they are selling for. If you have a black one with one of the more desireable
    prism heads (not as described below by "Jim"...) and the camera is in truly
    new condition (the foam under the prism can be "iffy" and replaced), the
    camera has MUCH more value as a collector's item than if in "almost" new
    condition (or less).

    > The amount you can get for it depends to a large extent on which finder it has. There were plain vanilla finders, finders with
    > match needle exposure control to be used with pre-AI lenses, and
    > at the very end finders with match needle control to be used with AI lenses. A camera with the first one will bring the least
    > amount of money, and a camera with the last one will bring the most amount of money. Ebay, etc., is the best place to look.
    >
    > Jim

    THE most valuable meter head is the second (the very last) one with 3 LEDs
    instead of the match-needle or 2 LEDs, though for a while with the earlier
    Nikon F in black in LN condition, the plain meterless prism alone could be
    worth $800. It all depends on condition, finish, meter type, and quirks of the
    market at the time...
    --
    David Ruether

    www.donferrario.com/ruether

    David Ruether, Feb 5, 2008
  6. Col. Joe Levinson

    Tully Guest

    In article <47a887bd$0$1094$>,
    "David Ruether" <> wrote:

    > "Jim" <> wrote in message
    > > "Col. Joe Levinson" <> wrote in message

    > >> I have a Nikon F2 Body in great shape. Purchased New and hardly used.
    > >>
    > >> I would like to sell it and purchase a D300. I have no idea of what
    > >> it is worth today?
    > >>
    > >> Clueless, Joe L

    > As others have suggested, look at KEH, B&H, eBay, etc. to see what
    > they are selling for. If you have a black one with one of the more desireable
    > prism heads (not as described below by "Jim"...) and the camera is in truly
    > new condition (the foam under the prism can be "iffy" and replaced), the
    > camera has MUCH more value as a collector's item than if in "almost" new
    > condition (or less).
    >
    > > The amount you can get for it depends to a large extent on which finder it
    > > has. There were plain vanilla finders, finders with
    > > match needle exposure control to be used with pre-AI lenses, and
    > > at the very end finders with match needle control to be used with AI
    > > lenses. A camera with the first one will bring the least
    > > amount of money, and a camera with the last one will bring the most amount
    > > of money. Ebay, etc., is the best place to look.
    > >
    > > Jim

    > THE most valuable meter head is the second (the very last) one with 3 LEDs
    > instead of the match-needle or 2 LEDs, though for a while with the earlier
    > Nikon F in black in LN condition, the plain meterless prism alone could be
    > worth $800. It all depends on condition, finish, meter type, and quirks of
    > the
    > market at the time...

    Another thing to consider with thirty-year-old equipment is maintenance,
    esp. parts like mirror foam/light seals which dry up and decompose. A
    recent CLA (clean-lube-adjust) by a professional F2 expert adds
    considerably to the value of a used camera.

    I'd much rather get one of those even if it has some cosmetic wear and
    tear, than a "pretty" exterior with brittle rubber and felt, or (worse
    yet) fungus & corrosion on the inside.
    --
    "It is the individual alone who is timeless. The individual's
    hungers, anxieties, dreams, and preoccupations have remained

    Tully, Feb 8, 2008