    replacement battery. I sent my back mid-November and still haven't
    received anything.

    Thanks.

    pixel_a_ted, Dec 27, 2005

  2. pixel_a_ted

    Nikon User Guest

    In article <>,
    "pixel_a_ted" <> wrote:

    > I was wondering how long it was taking for other people to get their
    > replacement battery. I sent my back mid-November and still haven't
    > received anything.

    A friend of mine got hers about a month ago.

    Nikon User, Dec 27, 2005

  3. pixel_a_ted

    Pod Guest

    "pixel_a_ted" <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering how long it was taking for other people to get their
    > replacement battery. I sent my back mid-November and still haven't
    > received anything.
    >
    > Thanks.

    10 days passed between the time I sent my EL3 and received a new EL3e.

    Pod, Dec 27, 2005
  4. pixel_a_ted

    sierra Guest

    Sent mine 14th Dec (SW Spain to Ireland) - not yet returned - but
    seasonal post problems can be expected.

    There are reports of the EN-EL3e (required for the D200) fetching very
    high prices on Ebay - coincidence?

    sierra, Dec 27, 2005
  5. pixel_a_ted

    sierra Guest

    Given the high price the EL3e are fetching on Ebay ($80+) from new D200
    owners, some returned batteries may be vulnerable to "lost parcel"
    syndrome.

    sierra, Dec 27, 2005
  6. pixel_a_ted

    pboch Guest

    They just sent me a new battery/I returned the recall...Took the 6 days.

    --
    _________________
    Patrick/g

    pboch, Dec 27, 2005
  7. pixel_a_ted

    Joe Makowiec Guest

    On 26 Dec 2005 in rec.photo.digital, pixel_a_ted wrote:

    > I was wondering how long it was taking for other people to get their
    > replacement battery. I sent my back mid-November and still haven't
    > received anything.

    It took me something like a month and a half, and three phone calls to
    the UPS Logistics group handling the recall. I got back a 1500mAh EN-
    EL3a.

    --
    Joe Makowiec
    http://makowiec.org/

    Joe Makowiec, Dec 27, 2005
  8. pixel_a_ted

    pixel_a_ted Guest

    I guess based on these replies that I'll be calling Nikon tomorrow.
    It's been almost six weeks for me. Thanks.

    pixel_a_ted, Dec 28, 2005
  9. "pixel_a_ted" <> wrote in message
    >I was wondering how long it was taking for other people to get their
    > replacement battery. I sent my back mid-November and still haven't
    > received anything.
    >
    > Thanks.

    I purchased new D50 outfit about a month ago, and it came with an EN-EL3a
    battery. I purchased a second battery for backup from 17th Street Photo, and
    it too was an EN-EL3a. Yesterday I logged on to the Nikon website and looked
    up its article about the EN-EL3 recall. It specifically stated that if one's
    battery is either an EN-EL3a or an EN-EL3e, it is okay and NOT included in
    the recall. So I breathed a sigh of relief.
    Jim C.

    James Copeland, Dec 30, 2005
  10. pixel_a_ted

    Iraxl Enb Guest

    I opted to "pay" for the replacement, Nikon wont charge
    if you sent the original back within 30 days. Got the
    new battery in about 5 days, and no charges on my CC,
    after about a month...

    --
    -- irax
    http://rumimmi.blogspot.com