Nikon DSLR: Does 3d matrix metering work with these lenses...?

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by kasterborus@yahoo.com, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. Guest

    Hi,

    I own a D2X and D70 camera and I've been reading conflicting reports on
    whether or not the 3d Matrix Metering mode will work with DX, D or G
    (or all of the above) type lenses.

    I'm assuming that I'm safe with a DX lens, but I also own the following
    lenses:

    70-200mm f/2.8G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor
    24-120mm f/3.5-5.6G ED-IF AF-S VR Zoom-Nikkor
    50mm f/1.8D AF Nikkor

    Does the 3D Matrix Metering feature work with all of these lenses, some
    or none?

    Hopefully someone more knowledgeable (or has the manuals with them) can
    answer this.

    Thanks,
    Steve

    , Oct 25, 2005

  2. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I own a D2X and D70 camera and I've been reading conflicting reports on
    > whether or not the 3d Matrix Metering mode will work with DX, D or G
    > (or all of the above) type lenses.

    The answer for this question and for the D70 can be found by looking at the
    table on page 183 of the manual. DX lenses are either D or G lenses for the
    purposes of this table.
    It would be very surprising if the D2X were not as capable as the D70.
    But, you could throw caution to the winds and read the manual
    Jim

    Jim, Oct 25, 2005

  3. GTO Guest

    > It would be very surprising if the D2X were not as capable as the D70.

    Regarding flash sync, the D2X isn't as capable as the D70 ;-)

    But in his case, I think the D2X will just be as good as a D70.

    Gregor

    GTO, Oct 26, 2005
  4. [BnH] Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I own a D2X and D70 camera and I've been reading conflicting reports on
    > whether or not the 3d Matrix Metering mode will work with DX, D or G
    > (or all of the above) type lenses.

    <-- where did you read that ?
    no problems in this camp.

    [BnH], Oct 26, 2005