    1. Advertising

  2. philo

    Rob Guest

    Rob, Feb 17, 2013

  3. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 02/17/2013 04:35 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    > In article <kfppl2$f3l$>, Rob says...
    >> On 17/02/2013 12:57 PM, philo wrote:
    >>> https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/482428_582229545137752_1089217285_n.jpg
    >>>

    >> Then what happened?

    > Rubbish bin?

    I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again

    https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg

    Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    so I took it apart just to see what was inside.

    Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    recycle bin.

    There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    nice Nikon DSLR for $150

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Feb 17, 2013
  4. philo

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/17/2013 7:59 AM, philo wrote:
    > On 02/17/2013 04:35 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Then what happened?

    >> Rubbish bin?
    >>

    > I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again
    >

    > https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg
    >

    > Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    > with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    > so I took it apart just to see what was inside.
    >
    > Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    > recycle bin.
    >
    > There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    > nice Nikon DSLR for $150

    I used to take things apart and put them back together. They seemed to
    work wuite well, but quite often I had parts left over.

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Feb 17, 2013
  5. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 02/17/2013 01:58 PM, PeterN wrote:
    > On 2/17/2013 7:59 AM, philo wrote:
    >> On 02/17/2013 04:35 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >>> In article <kfppl2$f3l$>, Rob says...

    >>> Rubbish bin?
    >>>

    >> I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again
    >>

    >> https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg
    >>

    >> Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    >> with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    >> so I took it apart just to see what was inside.
    >>
    >> Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    >> recycle bin.
    >>
    >> There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    >> nice Nikon DSLR for $150
    >>

    > I used to take things apart and put them back together. They seemed to
    > work wuite well, but quite often I had parts left over.

    I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.

    I repaired my first radio when I was 12.

    Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Feb 17, 2013
  6. philo

    Rob Guest

    On 18/02/2013 10:41 AM, philo wrote:
    > On 02/17/2013 01:58 PM, PeterN wrote:

    >>> I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again
    >>>

    >>> https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg
    >>>

    >>> Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    >>> with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    >>> so I took it apart just to see what was inside.
    >>>
    >>> Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    >>> recycle bin.
    >>>
    >>> There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    >>> nice Nikon DSLR for $150
    >>>

    >> I used to take things apart and put them back together. They seemed to
    >> work wuite well, but quite often I had parts left over.
    >>

    > I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    > somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.
    >
    > I repaired my first radio when I was 12.
    >
    > Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    > no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.

    I pull heaps of things apart to see if there is a simple repair solution
    - usually not these days.

    Rob, Feb 17, 2013
  7. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 02/17/2013 05:48 PM, Rob wrote:
    > On 18/02/2013 10:41 AM, philo wrote:

    >> I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    >> somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.
    >>
    >> I repaired my first radio when I was 12.
    >>
    >> Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    >> no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.
    >>

    > I pull heaps of things apart to see if there is a simple repair solution
    > - usually not these days.

    I have to train myself to work on laptops...
    I should probably take a course in watch repair!
    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Feb 18, 2013
  8. philo

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/17/2013 6:41 PM, philo wrote:
    > On 02/17/2013 01:58 PM, PeterN wrote:

    >>> I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again
    >>>

    >>> https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg
    >>>

    >>> Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    >>> with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    >>> so I took it apart just to see what was inside.
    >>>
    >>> Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    >>> recycle bin.
    >>>
    >>> There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    >>> nice Nikon DSLR for $150
    >>>

    >> I used to take things apart and put them back together. They seemed to
    >> work wuite well, but quite often I had parts left over.
    >>

    > I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    > somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.
    >
    > I repaired my first radio when I was 12.

    At that age, or possibly a bit older, I would go to radio repair stores
    and get their old tubes. I then would make my own radios, and sometimes
    transmitters from those unwanted spare parts. After I was married I put
    this knowledge to practical use. We had a neighbor who wold play her
    boombox radio loudly enough to be annoying. Her boyfriend's response was
    less than polite when we asked if they would turn it down. I built a low
    power transmitter, tuned it to their favorite station and jammed the
    signal. That quickly solved the problem.

    PeterN, Feb 18, 2013
  9. philo

    PeterN Guest

    On 2/17/2013 6:48 PM, Rob wrote:
    > On 18/02/2013 10:41 AM, philo wrote:

    >>> I used to take things apart and put them back together. They seemed to
    >>> work wuite well, but quite often I had parts left over.
    >>>

    >> I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    >> somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.
    >>
    >> I repaired my first radio when I was 12.
    >>
    >> Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    >> no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.
    >>

    > I pull heaps of things apart to see if there is a simple repair solution
    > - usually not these days.

    Unfortunately, arthritis interferes with my manual dexterity and hand
    strength. '-(

    --
    PeterN

    PeterN, Feb 18, 2013
  10. philo

    John Turco Guest

    John Turco, Feb 18, 2013
  11. philo

    John Turco Guest

    On 2/17/2013 6:59 AM, philo wrote:
    > On 02/17/2013 04:35 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >>>>

    >>> Then what happened?

    >> Rubbish bin?
    >>

    > I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again
    >

    > https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg
    >

    > Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    > with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    > so I took it apart just to see what was inside.
    >
    > Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    > recycle bin.

    A sad end, to a hapless digicam. The departed one appeared to be a model
    within Nikon's "P" line of "super zoom" cameras.

    (I own a factory-refurbished Nikon "P500" puppy.)

    > There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    > nice Nikon DSLR for $150

    What? Where is this place, selling such gear so cheaply? (An address
    would be quite helpful.)

    John

    John Turco, Feb 18, 2013
  12. philo

    Rob Guest

    On 18/02/2013 13:02, philo wrote:
    > On 02/17/2013 05:48 PM, Rob wrote:
    >> On 18/02/2013 10:41 AM, philo wrote:

    >>> I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    >>> somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.
    >>>
    >>> I repaired my first radio when I was 12.
    >>>
    >>> Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    >>> no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.
    >>>

    >> I pull heaps of things apart to see if there is a simple repair solution
    >> - usually not these days.

    > I have to train myself to work on laptops...
    > I should probably take a course in watch repair!

    Nothing left in a watch now just change the battery or throw the watch. :)

    Rob, Feb 19, 2013
  13. philo

    Rob Guest

    On 18/02/2013 13:21, PeterN wrote:
    > On 2/17/2013 6:48 PM, Rob wrote:

    >>> I started taking things apart ever since I was a kid...
    >>> somewhere around ten or so I managed to put them back together again.
    >>>
    >>> I repaired my first radio when I was 12.
    >>>
    >>> Today I rebuild computers...but taking apart that camera...
    >>> no way would I get it back together...but it was good practice.
    >>>

    >> I pull heaps of things apart to see if there is a simple repair solution
    >> - usually not these days.

    > Unfortunately, arthritis interferes with my manual dexterity and hand
    > strength. '-(

    I manage with a large magnifying glass over the desk work space.

    Rob, Feb 19, 2013
  14. philo

    philo  Guest

    On 02/18/2013 04:06 PM, John Turco wrote:
    > On 2/17/2013 6:59 AM, philo wrote:
    >> On 02/17/2013 04:35 AM, Alfred Molon wrote:
    >>> In article <kfppl2$f3l$>, Rob says...

    >>> Rubbish bin?
    >>>

    >> I used my watch repair tools and put it all back together again
    >>

    >> https://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/58410_582236558470384_1806324042_n.jpg
    >>

    >> Seriously though, a friend of mine gave it to me just to fool around
    >> with...It was not working and not worth repairing...
    >> so I took it apart just to see what was inside.
    >>
    >> Except for a few parts, I am putting the rest of it in the electronics
    >> recycle bin.

    > A sad end, to a hapless digicam. The departed one appeared to be a model
    > within Nikon's "P" line of "super zoom" cameras.
    >
    > (I own a factory-refurbished Nikon "P500" puppy.)
    >
    >> There is a Goodwill store near my house and my friend got a *new* very
    >> nice Nikon DSLR for $150

    > What? Where is this place, selling such gear so cheaply? (An address
    > would be quite helpful.)
    >
    > John

    I live in Milwaukee.
    My friend who got that deal scours the store like a hawk.

    Such deals are fairly rare...but they do happened.

    He sometimes gets new Epson printers there and even got a like-new LED
    monitor

    --
    https://www.createspace.com/3707686

    philo , Mar 12, 2013