    Thanks

    Stuart

    , Nov 13, 2005

  2. > Do the Nikon Digital SLRs take the IX-Nikkor? Any particular models to
    > look into?

    No. Only their DX film cameras take IX-Nikkors, and none of those are
    currently in production.

    Jeroen Wenting, Nov 13, 2005

  3. On 13 Nov 2005 00:43:48 -0800, wrote:

    >Hi Group,
    >
    >I have a Proena 600i APS camera that takes the IX-Nikkor Lens.
    >
    >I wish to replace this with a Nikon Digital SLR.
    >
    >Do the Nikon Digital SLRs take the IX-Nikkor? Any particular models to
    >look into?
    >
    >Thanks
    >
    >Stuart

    These lenses fit only the "Pronea" line. Do not try to mount them on a
    current Nikon digital SLR. Part of the IX lens extends back into the
    camera body and may damage other cameras.

    Leonard Lehew, Nov 13, 2005
  4. Jim Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I have a Proena 600i APS camera that takes the IX-Nikkor Lens.
    >
    > I wish to replace this with a Nikon Digital SLR.
    >
    > Do the Nikon Digital SLRs take the IX-Nikkor? Any particular models to
    > look into?
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Stuart

    The manuals, the brochures, and the catalog all say that IX-Nikkors cannot
    be used on any of the Nikon DSLRs.
    Jim

    Jim, Nov 13, 2005
  5. Darrell Guest

    <> wrote in message
    > Hi Group,
    >
    > I have a Proena 600i APS camera that takes the IX-Nikkor Lens.
    >
    > I wish to replace this with a Nikon Digital SLR.
    >
    > Do the Nikon Digital SLRs take the IX-Nikkor? Any particular models to
    > look into?

    Sorry none, this is an obsolete abandoned mount

    Darrell, Nov 13, 2005
  6. george Guest

    "Leonard Lehew" <> wrote in message

    > These lenses fit only the "Pronea" line. Do not try to mount them on a
    > current Nikon digital SLR. Part of the IX lens extends back into the
    > camera body and may damage other cameras.

    Which makes me wonder, do you know if a user can safely go in the OTHER
    direction? That is, use a DX lens on a Pronea (if they have one)...the
    coverage
    would be the same...other issues? Lack of aperture ring a problem?

    george, Nov 13, 2005
  7. Paul Rubin Guest

    "george" <> writes:
    > Which makes me wonder, do you know if a user can safely go in the OTHER
    > direction? That is, use a DX lens on a Pronea (if they have one)...the
    > coverage
    > would be the same...other issues? Lack of aperture ring a problem?

    DX lenses fit on 35mm full frame bodies although the corners vignette.
    I expect they'd work fine on the APS bodies.

    Paul Rubin, Nov 13, 2005
  8. JR Guest

    YES YOU CAN USE THIS LENS ON ANY Nikon DSLR....

    This was said by a lens guy that tests pretty much every Nikkor lens.

    "A very cheap alternative from the Nikon Pronea (APS format) era, this
    petite lens can be attached to D1-series and D100 cameras as well. You
    only need to cut off the rear protruding flange of the lens to avoid the
    reflex mirror being jammed on these cameras. Since lens construction
    basically comprise plastics and sticky tape (!), the adaptation can be
    performed in a few minutes.
    After some haggling, I obtained my sample for free from the
    odds-and-ends bin of my photo store. I then went on to prove it could be
    used on my D1X, before it ended its life when I extracted its matrix
    chip for a better purpose."

    So if you cut the rear flange off of your lenses, you can use then on
    your Nikon DSLR...but he says they are not the best lenses and you
    should probably get a new lens..the 18-70 kit lens is excellent and
    inexpensive.

    JR

    JR, Nov 14, 2005
  9. I am interested in what you did with the CCD you took out of the D1X?

    Did you build a special imager of some kind or what?

    rtt

    Richard Tomkins, Nov 14, 2005
  10. Paul Rubin Guest

    "Richard Tomkins" <> writes:
    > I am interested in what you did with the CCD you took out of the D1X?
    > Did you build a special imager of some kind or what?

    I think "extracted the matrix chip" refers to the chip in the lens
    that communicates focal length and aperture to the camera, not the CCD
    in the camera itself. It's sometimes possible to transplant these
    chips into manual focus lenses so that you can get matrix metering
    with them on AF Nikon cameras that don't otherwise support MF lenses.

    Paul Rubin, Nov 14, 2005