    Hoover Guest

    I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with the
    d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?
    Hoover, Apr 19, 2006

  2. Hoover

    Paul Rubin Guest

    "Hoover" <> writes:
    > I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with the
    > d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

    There's a 55-200 that's a companion to the 18-55. It's about $150(?).
    It's maybe a reasonable way to get started.
    Paul Rubin, Apr 19, 2006

  3. "Hoover" <> wrote in message
    > I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with
    > the d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

    For around $ 200.00 you can get a Sigma 70-300mm f4-5.6 APO DG lens
    http://www.sigmaphoto.com/lenses/lenses_all_details.asp?id=3303&navigator=3.
    They also make a non-APO version of this lens for a bit less but the APO is
    much better. Note that the APO lens has the red ring around the lens
    barrel.
    Peter A. Stavrakoglou, Apr 19, 2006
  4. Hoover

    Jack Guest

    [posted and mailed]

    "Hoover" <> wrote in

    > I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes
    > with the d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any
    > recommendations?

    I just bought a Nikon AF 70-210 f/4-5.6 on eBay for $113. There are many
    of these lenses for sale on eBay all the time. It's an excellent lens.
    The photos I took with it are very sharp all the way up to 210mm. The only
    negative I found, is that it is heavy compared to the new digital lenses
    which have plastic bodies and mounts.
    Jack, Apr 19, 2006
  5. Hoover

    Don Stauffer Guest

    Hoover wrote:
    > I'm looking for a zoom lens stronger than the basic lens that comes with the
    > d-50. I don't want to spend more than $400 - any recommendations?

    We had a Nikon film camera with the Tamron 28-300 (35mm equivalent) when
    we bought our D-50. We use it on the D-50 and it works great- very
    satisified with it. We use the D-50 much more than the N75, so the lens
    stays on the digicam.
    Don Stauffer, Apr 19, 2006
  6. I bought the d50 kit (with the 18-55 lenses) and the Nikor 70-300 a few
    days later. I paid 179€ in my usual store (in spain). I'm not a
    professional and that tele is enough for me.

    --
    Miguel
    http://infade.blogspot.com
    Miguel Rebollo, Apr 20, 2006