Nikon D80...

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by sid derra, Jul 27, 2006.

  1. sid derra

    sid derra Guest

    sid derra, Jul 27, 2006

  2. sid derra

    k-man Guest

    I saw that same page this morning.

    I think it's probably accurate. I like the IR sensor and wish the D200
    had one. I don't like the silver shutter button. Though I like the CF
    door. I hate the CF door on my D70s. The D70s takes excellent
    pictures, though, and I don't know that I'll be able to justify
    upgrading. I'd like to see how much that puppy will cost.

    Kevin

    k-man, Jul 27, 2006

  3. sid derra

    sierra Guest

    Think it's a SD door, as the D50

    sierra, Jul 27, 2006
  4. sid derra

    Denny B Guest

    k-man wrote:

    I hate the CF door on my D70s.

    > sid derra wrote:
    >> ...actually looking genuine:
    >> http://www.engadget.com/2006/07/26/nikon-d80-pics-revealed/

    Kevin

    What's wrong with the D70s door?
    Your statement about the door is stupid.
    I have a D70s door, perfectly located,
    perfectly functional.

    You should think first with your brain
    before trying to exert your freedom of
    speech.

    Denny B

    Denny B, Jul 27, 2006
  5. sid derra

    bmoag Guest

    Any stores taking pre-orders?

    bmoag, Jul 27, 2006
  6. sid derra

    k-man Guest

    Yep, I later read something that also said it's an SD door.

    Thanks.
    Kevin

    k-man, Jul 28, 2006
  7. sid derra

    k-man Guest

    Climb out of your bubble, you jackass. My statement was an opinion. I
    think the door hinge is flimsy, the door itself doesn't fit snugly
    enough and I don't like the latch. So, I don't like it. Yes, I like
    the location and the functionality is fine for me as well; but I don't
    like the quality. Compare it to the D200's door and you'll see what I
    mean.

    Kevin

    k-man, Jul 28, 2006
  8. sid derra

    Denny B Guest

    k-man wrote:
    > Climb out of your bubble, you jackass. My statement was an opinion. I
    > think the door hinge is flimsy, the door itself doesn't fit snugly
    > enough and I don't like the latch. So, I don't like it. Yes, I like
    > the location and the functionality is fine for me as well; but I don't
    > like the quality. Compare it to the D200's door and you'll see what I
    > mean.
    >
    > Kevin

    You sound like one of those clowns
    whose always concerned with what's new.
    I don't give a hoot about the D200 door.

    Denny B

    Denny B, Jul 28, 2006
  9. sid derra

    k-man Guest

    And you sound like you're 12 years old.

    I appreciate quality. As a whole, the D70s is of fine quality. The
    door, however, is not of fine quality and seems out of place with the
    rest of the camera. I've taken thousands of shots with the D70s and
    will continue to take thousands more with it. However, I will still
    dislike the door. I HATE IT! Does that offend you?

    Kevin

    k-man, Jul 28, 2006
  10. sid derra

    Denny B Guest

    k-man wrote:
    > And you sound like you're 12 years old.

    Oh, how I wish I was 12 years old again.
    Actually I have 45 years of servicing electronics
    behind me, also that many years dealing with photography.
    I still spend 8 hours a day servicing and over the years
    have seen my share of different doors on cameras, camcorders,
    remotes, video and audio devices etc.

    > I appreciate quality. As a whole, the D70s is of fine quality. The
    > door, however, is not of fine quality and seems out of place with the
    > rest of the camera. I've taken thousands of shots with the D70s and
    > will continue to take thousands more with it.

    However, I will still
    > dislike the door. I HATE IT! Does that offend you?

    I am glad for you that you dislike the door. However
    none of what you state about the door is fact.
    I always appreciate quality.

    Denny B

    Denny B, Jul 28, 2006
  11. sid derra

    k-man Guest

    Excellent. I think we've terrorized this thread long enough. :)

    I hope you solved your delete vs. format CF question.

    Kevin

    k-man, Jul 29, 2006
  12. sid derra

    Denny B Guest

    k-man wrote:
    > Excellent. I think we've terrorized this thread long enough. :)
    >
    > I hope you solved your delete vs. format CF question.
    >
    > Kevin

    Thanks for your interest in this matter.
    I continue as I have done from the beginning
    with the D70s. After a shoot, remove CF card
    insert in card reader, burn to CD-R, remove
    card and reinstall in camera then format card
    in camera, done.

    Denny B

    Denny B, Jul 29, 2006