    Pentax 35mm film bodies.

    Thank you in advance.
    Denny B

    Denny B, Apr 29, 2007

  2. Denny B

    Jim Guest

    "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    news:iWSYh.7879$Dq6.42@edtnps82...
    > Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
    > on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
    > ring for the Tamron lens.
    >
    > Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
    > Pentax 35mm film bodies.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    > Denny B

    If there is or ever has been such an adapter, then the lens would operate
    just like an AI-S lens. The fine manual spells out all of the limitations
    of such a lens.

    Jim

    Jim, Apr 29, 2007

  3. Denny B

    Denny B Guest

    Jim wrote:
    > "Denny B" <> wrote in message
    >> Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
    >> on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
    >> ring for the Tamron lens.
    >>
    >> Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
    >> Pentax 35mm film bodies.
    >>
    >> Thank you in advance.
    >> Denny B

    > If there is or ever has been such an adapter, then the lens would operate
    > just like an AI-S lens. The fine manual spells out all of the limitations
    > of such a lens.
    >
    > Jim

    With 35 mm film cameras when you purchased
    a Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens you got the adapter
    which was a seperate part for whatever make
    of camera body you had. Nikon,Cannon, Pentax etc.

    Denny B

    Denny B, Apr 29, 2007
  4. "Denny B" <> wrote in message news:iWSYh.7879$Dq6.42@edtnps82...

    > Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
    > on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
    > ring for the Tamron lens.
    >
    > Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
    > Pentax 35mm film bodies.

    B&H used to sell Adaptall 2 Tamron-Nikon AIS
    mounts for around $25. With it, the lens will mount
    and operate properly (except for AF and metering
    and auto-exposure modes), as if it were an MF AI
    Nikkor. If you use TTL flash in your macro work,
    exposure is also taken care of...
    --
    David Ruether

    http://www.donferrario.com/ruether

    David Ruether, Apr 29, 2007
  5. David Ruether wrote:
    > "Denny B" <> wrote in message news:iWSYh.7879$Dq6.42@edtnps82...
    >
    >> Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
    >> on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
    >> ring for the Tamron lens.
    >>
    >> Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
    >> Pentax 35mm film bodies.

    > B&H used to sell Adaptall 2 Tamron-Nikon AIS
    > mounts for around $25. With it, the lens will mount
    > and operate properly (except for AF and metering
    > and auto-exposure modes), as if it were an MF AI
    > Nikkor. If you use TTL flash in your macro work,
    > exposure is also taken care of...

    Nope, TTL flash is an "auto-exposure mode", and hence won't work on that
    body with non-chipped lenses.

    But a test shot or two and some examination of the histogram gives you
    *much* more information anyway, so except for certain kinds of
    fast-moving situations, no problem.

    David Dyer-Bennet, Apr 29, 2007
  6. "David Dyer-Bennet" <> wrote in message news:4634f510$0$961$...
    > David Ruether wrote:
    >> "Denny B" <> wrote in message news:iWSYh.7879$Dq6.42@edtnps82...

    >>> Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
    >>> on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
    >>> ring for the Tamron lens.
    >>>
    >>> Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
    >>> Pentax 35mm film bodies.

    >> B&H used to sell Adaptall 2 Tamron-Nikon AIS
    >> mounts for around $25. With it, the lens will mount
    >> and operate properly (except for AF and metering
    >> and auto-exposure modes), as if it were an MF AI
    >> Nikkor. If you use TTL flash in your macro work,
    >> exposure is also taken care of...

    > Nope, TTL flash is an "auto-exposure mode", and hence won't work on that body with non-chipped lenses.
    >
    > But a test shot or two and some examination of the histogram gives you *much* more information anyway, so except for certain kinds
    > of fast-moving situations, no problem.

    Then things have really changed (not for the better...)
    with digital bodies. So, how 'bout using the flash in
    auto mode, inputing the actual (or calculated, for
    macro) f-stop on the flash...? ;-) This bypasses the
    ambient light exposure entirely, assuming that is set
    far enough under the flash exposure (and one can
    take the look of flash...;-).

    David Ruether, Apr 30, 2007
  7. Denny B

    tomm42 Guest

    On Apr 28, 9:55 pm, Denny B <> wrote:
    > Is it possible to use my Tamron 90mm f2.5 lens
    > on a Nikon D70s digital body, if I can find a Nikon adapter
    > ring for the Tamron lens.
    >
    > Previously I used the Tamron lens on my
    > Pentax 35mm film bodies.
    >
    > Thank you in advance.
    > Denny B

    I have a D70 and a Tamron 90 f2.5 and it works fine, just no
    metering, and manual flash. The only down side is the lens only goes
    to 1:2 magnification and you need an extension tube to get 1:1. You
    have to take the mount off the lens connect the extension tube and
    place the mount on the tube, unless you bought a Nikon mount for both,
    kind of awkward. It might be better with the Nikor extension tube for
    the 105. Very nice lens though, meters on my D200.

    Tom

    tomm42, Apr 30, 2007