Nikon D7000 - Using an ME-1 Microphone and Wanting Occasional Use ofPop-Up Flash

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by Richard Sgrignoli, Dec 8, 2012.

1. My situation is this. I have a Nikon D7000. I have gone out and purchaseda variety of accessories (i.e. battery grip, intervalometer, microphone, et cetera). One thing that I noticed when placing the ME-1 microphone into the hot show slot is that "if" I wanted to revert back to taking single shots using the pop-up flash, the insertion of the ME-1 (or ANYTHING into the hot shoe slot) interferes with the ability for the pop-up flash to fully pop-up. Has anyone else run into this annoying situation, and what, if anything, did you do to workaround that situation other than to keep removing the ME-1, putting it back, removing it, putting it back...? Is there a hot shoe adapter that you are aware of that would allow the ability for the pop-up flash to be unimpeded?

Richard Sgrignoli, Dec 8, 2012
    1. Advertising