Nikon D70

Discussion in 'Digital Photography' started by oly, Dec 6, 2004.

  1. oly

    oly Guest

    oly, Dec 6, 2004

  2. David J Taylor, Dec 6, 2004

  3. oly

    Hunt Guest

    In article <>,
    says...

    >Looking for suggestions and thoughts about the D70 - if you have
    >thoughts, can you post them here:
    >http://www.gadling.com/entry/1234000010022219/

    You might want to take a look at www.dpreview.com and also Google.Groups D-70.
    Tons of articles have been posted here, and several other NG's, with plenty of
    pros and cons.

    A first report on my new D-70: seems like a very nice DSLR. So far, just
    learning the camera, the only cons that I can find are the weight/balance. I
    really like the distribution of weight in my F4's and the D-70 seems light in
    the butt. OTOH, if I'm hiking about with it and a few lenses, I might
    appreciate its lighter weight. I handled a D-100 for quite a bit, and actually
    liked its weight and weight distribution a bit better, but went with the D-70
    anyway. Maybe a battery pack, attached to the tripod mount would make me feel
    a bit happier - or maybe more hours with the D-70 will teach me to love it
    better. Other than that, it seems a very good camera and since most of my
    newer Nikkors all work well with it, I'm pleased. After I shoot the first job
    with it, I'll report more details.

    Hunt
    Hunt, Dec 7, 2004
  4. oly

    Hugh Jorgan Guest

    "David J Taylor" <> wrote in message
    > oly wrote:
    > > Looking for suggestions and thoughts about the D70 - if you have
    > > thoughts, can you post them here:
    > > http://www.gadling.com/entry/1234000010022219/

    > or even on: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems !

    Look out, cops! Oh wait...never mind.
    Hugh Jorgan, Dec 7, 2004
  5. Hugh Jorgan wrote:
    > "David J Taylor" <> wrote in message
    >> oly wrote:
    >>> Looking for suggestions and thoughts about the D70 - if you have
    >>> thoughts, can you post them here:
    >>> http://www.gadling.com/entry/1234000010022219/

    >> or even on: rec.photo.digital.slr-systems !
    >>

    > Look out, cops! Oh wait...never mind.

    "can" does not equal "must".

    David
    David J Taylor, Dec 7, 2004