    but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

    TIA

    Guy
    Bigguy, Jan 26, 2005

  2. Bigguy

    Ed Ruf Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:22:22 -0000, in rec.photo.digital "Bigguy"
    <> wrote:
    >Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
    >but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

    The easy answer is on the box. The hard answer is on the camera base
    just above the word Nikon, as least for mine.
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    See images taken with my CP-990/5700 & D70 at
    http://EdwardGRuf.com
    Ed Ruf, Jan 26, 2005

  3. Bigguy

    Owamanga Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:22:22 -0000, "Bigguy" <>
    wrote:

    >Evening All...
    >
    >Just got my shiny new D70..
    >
    >Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
    >but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

    On the base of the camera, just above the word Nikon from the label.
    It's scratched into the black plastic above that label and is quite
    hard to see. It's a section of base that doesn't have a ridge on.

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Jan 26, 2005
  4. Bigguy

    Bigguy Guest

    Aha - found it!!

    Thanks - I'm off to get my eyes tested now... ;-)

    Guy

    Bigguy, Jan 26, 2005
  5. Bigguy

    chidalgo Guest

    Bigguy wrote:

    > Just got my shiny new D70..
    >
    > Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
    > but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

    in the base of the D70 body; it's in brown lettering, so it can be hard
    to read :)

    --
    chidalgo
    chidalgo, Jan 26, 2005
  6. Bigguy

    Owamanga Guest

    On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:24:20 -0300, chidalgo <>
    wrote:

    >Bigguy wrote:
    >
    >> Just got my shiny new D70..
    >>
    >> Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the lens
    >> but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast :-(

    > in the base of the D70 body; it's in brown lettering, so it can be hard
    >to read :)

    Brown? Take off your sunglasses. It's engraved - black on black.

    --
    Owamanga!
    Owamanga, Jan 26, 2005
  7. Bigguy

    Tom Ellliott Guest

    brown, black, engraved, I was finally able to read it by looking at the area
    where Nikon said it was and then tilting the bottom untill it caught the
    light just right, then it poped right out.
    I guess that it was done that way so the thief couldn't just find it right
    away and grind it off. I thought it was clever myself.
    Yours,
    Tom
    "Owamanga" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 26 Jan 2005 18:24:20 -0300, chidalgo <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Bigguy wrote:
    > >
    > >> Just got my shiny new D70..
    > >>
    > >> Duh! where is the serial number on the body? - I found the one on the

    lens
    > >> but I can't find one on the body and I would like to register the beast

    :-(

    Tom Ellliott, Jan 26, 2005