    would cause some color information to be lost.

    Given that the camera defaults to sRGB, I would guess that the sensor is
    aligned to that, but does anyone really know the truth?

    Chuck McDevitt, Aug 8, 2004

  2. Chuck McDevitt

    Udie Lafing Guest

    Good questions thanks for asking, I have benefited from your thought
    process, by doing a simple test I now know the answers.

    Udie Lafing, Aug 8, 2004

  3. Chuck McDevitt

    Jeremy Nixon Guest

    Chuck McDevitt <> wrote:

    > Given that the camera defaults to sRGB, I would guess that the sensor is
    > aligned to that, but does anyone really know the truth?

    The native color space is specific to the camera; it is converted to sRGB
    or Adobe 1998 from that. The native color space is much wider than sRGB.

    --
    Jeremy |

    Jeremy Nixon, Aug 8, 2004
  4. Chuck McDevitt

    paul Guest

    On Sun, 08 Aug 2004 18:19:48 +0000, Udie Lafing wrote:
    Udie,

    Maybe not every one has the same experiment loving / exploring mind as
    you do. Would you like to share your thoughts on your experiments and
    maybe even you results?

    I would also be intertested to see if you did the same experiments as I
    did...

    paul, Aug 9, 2004
  5. Anybody?

    Chuck McDevitt, Aug 13, 2004
  6. "Chuck McDevitt" <> wrote in message
    > Anybody?

    Have you asked Nikon?
    Ask for the typical CIE primaries and whitepoint of the sensor used in
    the D70, and see if they will tell you. Do share if they do tell
    you...

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Aug 13, 2004
  7. Chuck McDevitt