    Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
    Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.

    Ain't progress great?

    Jim Waggener, Jan 29, 2004

  2. Jim Waggener

    Charlie Self Guest

    Jim Waggener writes:

    >Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
    >Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
    >Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
    >
    >Ain't progress great?

    Yeah. Maybe I can afford a D100 when (if?) the D70 actually makes it out and
    fulfills all the expectations.

    Charlie Self
    "To create man was a quaint and original idea, but to add the sheep was
    tautology." Mark Twain's Notebook

    Charlie Self, Jan 29, 2004

  3. On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:09:03 -0500, "Jim Waggener" <>
    wrote:

    >Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
    >Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
    >Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
    >
    >Ain't progress great?

    Can you point me at the reviews or specs that show
    the improvements in the D100 vs. the 10D?

    Still 6 Mpixels, still 1.5x focal length multiplier.

    A bit faster, perhaps, than the Canons. So what?

    rafe b.
    http://www.terrapinphoto.com

    Raphael Bustin, Jan 29, 2004
  4. "Raphael Bustin" <> wrote in message
    > On Wed, 28 Jan 2004 20:09:03 -0500, "Jim Waggener" <>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >Seems the D70 has higher specs than the D100.
    > >Blows the Canon 300D and 10D out of the water.
    > >Also blows the Nikon D100 out of the water as well.
    > >
    > >Ain't progress great?

    > Can you point me at the reviews or specs that show
    > the improvements in the D100 vs. the 10D?
    >
    > Still 6 Mpixels, still 1.5x focal length multiplier.
    >
    > A bit faster, perhaps, than the Canons. So what?

    I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to buy a couple
    canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most I could hope for.)
    We're still waiting for the response. I told my editor what the specs were
    for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3 fps, and pretty much every capability of
    my S2 Pro, and he was salivating. If we get money approval, it's Nikon all
    the way.

    Zinchuk

    Brian Zinchuk, Jan 29, 2004
  5. Jim Waggener

    Paolo Pizzi Guest

    Brian Zinchuk wrote:

    > I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to buy a
    > couple canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most I could
    > hope for.) We're still waiting for the response. I told my editor
    > what the specs were for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3 fps, and
    > pretty much every capability of my S2 Pro, and he was salivating. If
    > we get money approval, it's Nikon all the way.

    Spadaro is going to get a heart attack... :)

    Paolo Pizzi, Jan 29, 2004
  6. Jim Waggener

    Charlie Self Guest

    Brian Zinchuk writes:
    >> Can you point me at the reviews or specs that show
    >> the improvements in the D100 vs. the 10D?
    >>
    >> Still 6 Mpixels, still 1.5x focal length multiplier.
    >>
    >> A bit faster, perhaps, than the Canons. So what?
    >>

    >I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to buy a couple
    >canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most I could hope for.)
    >We're still waiting for the response. I told my editor what the specs were
    >for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3 fps, and pretty much every capability of
    >my S2 Pro, and he was salivating. If we get money approval, it's Nikon all
    >the way.

    Where are you if it takes Nikon 6 or 8 months to get the cameras to market in
    large enough numbers for you to get a couple?

    Charlie Self, Jan 29, 2004
  7. Jim Waggener

    Colm Guest

    Yeah. Now if you could learn a) What your DSLR is for, and b) How to use
    it..., that would be real progress.

    --
    Colm

    Ref: "If you want great pics ...don't buy a DSLR" 26th Jan 2004

    Colm, Jan 29, 2004
  8. Jim Waggener

    Jim Waggener Guest

    "Colm" <> wrote in message
    > Yeah. Now if you could learn a) What your DSLR is for, and b) How to use
    > it..., that would be real progress.
    >
    > --
    > Colm

    Yup, I'm learning. As long I keep the thing off "P" mode I get much better
    shots.
    I'm not so grumpy anymore :)

    Jim Waggener, Jan 29, 2004
  9. "Brian Zinchuk" <> wrote in message
    SNIP
    > I spent a month putting together a proposal for my newspaper to
    > buy a couple canon digital rebels, (they're cheap, it was the most
    > I could hope for.) We're still waiting for the response. I told my
    > editor what the specs were for the D70 - 144 shots in a row, 3
    > fps, and pretty much every capability of my S2 Pro, and he was
    > salivating. If we get money approval, it's Nikon all the way.

    If I were you, I'd want to see:
    a. A unit that is actually on the market, instead of an announcement
    b. Several independent tests that show the specs delivering to promise
    c. Durability in the field (3 fps in the rain or snow?), battery life, etc.

    Bart

    Bart van der Wolf, Jan 29, 2004
  10. > Where are you if it takes Nikon 6 or 8 months to get the cameras to market
    in
    > large enough numbers for you to get a couple?

    We'll just see what happens, I guess. Someone, somewhere, obviously will be
    selling them.

    Zinchuk

    Brian Zinchuk, Jan 29, 2004
  11. Jim Waggener

    Charlie Self Guest

    Brian Zinchuk responds:
    >> Where are you if it takes Nikon 6 or 8 months to get the cameras to market

    >in
    >> large enough numbers for you to get a couple?
    >>

    >We'll just see what happens, I guess. Someone, somewhere, obviously will be
    >selling them.

    Oh, I don't doubt that. But if it's the killer camera others are claiming, it's
    going to be hard to find someone with 2 for sale AFTER it reaches the market
    (reference Canon's 10d last year), but WHEN it will reach the market is
    something I've heard nothing at all about. Maybe in a couple weeks. Maybe not,
    too.

    Charlie Self, Jan 29, 2004
  12. WHY?

    Charlie Fenton, Jan 29, 2004
  13. Jim Waggener

    Colm Guest

    I was referencing Jim's post of 3 days ago.

    --
    Colm

    Colm, Jan 29, 2004
  14. Jim Waggener

    Rainy Guest

    It sure is, get ready for the Canon's EOS-1D Mark 2 SLR. The worlds fastest
    digital SLR, for now. R. Iannucci

    Rainy, Jan 31, 2004
  15. Jim Waggener

    Proto Guest

    Rule number one. NEVER put your camera in the water and this would NEVER
    happen...:)

    Proto, Feb 5, 2004