    I'm using a fully recharged the battery.

    Any suggestions?

    thanks in advance

    Glenn Dollar, May 7, 2006

  2. Glenn Dollar

    StsAlive Guest

    "Glenn Dollar" <> wrote in message
    news:Xns97BC786367EDDgtdollarpacbellnet@207.115.17.102...
    > Other than pressing the reset button as indicated in the manual, are there
    > any further options or sequences to reset my D70?
    >
    > The camera will no longer turn on and with a cf card inserted, the green
    > access light continues to flash. The command display is totally blank.
    >
    > I'm able to read the cf card in my computer.
    > I'm using a fully recharged the battery.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks in advance

    have you tried leaving the battery out for a few hours or even overnight.

    StsAlive, May 7, 2006

  3. On Sun, 07 May 2006 18:51:07 GMT, in rec.photo.digital Glenn Dollar
    <> wrote:

    >Other than pressing the reset button as indicated in the manual, are there
    >any further options or sequences to reset my D70?
    >
    >The camera will no longer turn on and with a cf card inserted, the green
    >access light continues to flash. The command display is totally blank.
    >
    >I'm able to read the cf card in my computer.
    >I'm using a fully recharged the battery.
    >
    >Any suggestions?

    Does any other card work?
    --
    Ed Ruf Lifetime AMA# 344007 ()
    http://EdwardGRuf.com

    Ed Ruf (REPLY to E-MAIL IN SIG!), May 7, 2006
  4. Glenn Dollar

    Fred Lotte Guest

    In article <Xns97BC786367EDDgtdollarpacbellnet@207.115.17.102>,
    Glenn Dollar <> wrote:

    > Other than pressing the reset button as indicated in the manual, are there
    > any further options or sequences to reset my D70?
    >
    > The camera will no longer turn on and with a cf card inserted, the green
    > access light continues to flash. The command display is totally blank.
    >
    > I'm able to read the cf card in my computer.
    > I'm using a fully recharged the battery.
    >
    > Any suggestions?
    >
    > thanks in advance

    This sounds like the Blinking Green Lite of Death (BGLOD). It is a very well known problem with
    D70 model Nikons manufactured before (I think) Sept 2004. Only a trip to a Nikon repair facility
    can fix it.

    Go to Nikon's web site and get the form to fill out. It's being fixed for free out of warrantee.
    Look for d70_service_form.pdf. This page describes the symptoms and links to the form.
    <http://www.nikonusa.com/email_images/nikonusa/service_advisory/d70.html> (I'm assuming that
    your in the USA)

    Tons of posts on the Nikon forum at <http://www.dpreview.com/forums/> and probably other forums.

    --