    Thanks in advance

    Todd.

    PS. The current software can be found at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

    OxfordEye, Jul 7, 2005

  2. OxfordEye

    Guest

    I was in the process of learning about that,
    when the software expired.

    Ever since I just use dcraw to convert RAW to TIFF.

    -s

    OxfordEye wrote:
    > I'm after some info/suggestions about how you use custom curves with your raw NEF files.
    >
    > I am developing a piece of software that allows you to upload curves into the D70 custom curve area and am now starting to add the
    > support for raw NEF files. I have it loading them and converting them to JPEG, but would like to add other functionality like
    > embedding curves back into the NEF (similar to Curve Surgery Pro I think).
    >
    > I'd appreciate any input or ideas you have.
    >
    > Thanks in advance
    >
    > Todd.
    >
    > PS. The current software can be found at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

    , Jul 8, 2005

  3. OxfordEye

    Andy Dee Guest

    OxfordEye wrote:

    >I'm after some info/suggestions about how you use custom curves with your raw NEF files.
    >
    >I am developing a piece of software that allows you to upload curves into the D70 custom curve area and am now starting to add the
    >support for raw NEF files. I have it loading them and converting them to JPEG, but would like to add other functionality like
    >embedding curves back into the NEF (similar to Curve Surgery Pro I think).
    >
    >I'd appreciate any input or ideas you have.
    >
    >Thanks in advance
    >
    >Todd.
    >
    >PS. The current software can be found at www.oxfordeye.co.uk/software.aspx

    Please do not foget those who choose not to use Microsoft Windows.
    Have you considered making your software Open Source ? and maybe
    released under the GPL ?

    Thank you for your efforts so far on this worthwhile project.
    I look forward to running it under Linux :)

    Regards, A

    Andy Dee, Jul 13, 2005
  4. OxfordEye

    OxfordEye Guest

    Hi Andy,

    At the moment its a very small project and Im limited to my choice of OS. Perhaps in the future I will investigate other systems ;)

    Thanks for your interest.

    Regards,

    Todd.

    OxfordEye, Jul 13, 2005
  5. OxfordEye

    Ken Tough Guest

    OxfordEye <> wrote:

    >I'm after some info/suggestions about how you use custom curves with your raw
    >NEF files.
    >
    >I am developing a piece of software

    >I'd appreciate any input or ideas you have.

    I don't upload custom curves myself, but do a bit of custom processing
    of the NEF for individual shots after the fact. In Adobe I like the
    fact that you can see the 'lost shadows' and 'lost highlights'
    super-imposed on the shot itself, unlike Nikon Capture where you have
    to flip between different views.

    The big thing I find Nikon Capture is missing compared to Adobe PS2,
    is ability to convert to monochrome/grey-scale, with adjustable
    intensity allocated to different colour bands (like the effect of
    colour filters in film work).

    --
    Ken Tough

    Ken Tough, Jul 14, 2005
  6. OxfordEye

    Guest

    Thanks for the post Ken,

    The software Ive developed allows greyscale conversion, but at the moment it
    has minimal control over the greyscale image.

    I will take a good look at the lost highlights/shadows feature in Photoshop
    and see what I can do.

    Currently I have it loading NEFs and converting them to Jpg/Tiff with the
    same image quality of Nikon Capture. Still a lot to do though :)

    Todd.
    "Ken Tough" <> wrote in message
    > OxfordEye <> wrote:
    >
    >>I'm after some info/suggestions about how you use custom curves with your
    >>raw
    >>NEF files.
    >>
    >>I am developing a piece of software

    >>I'd appreciate any input or ideas you have.

    > I don't upload custom curves myself, but do a bit of custom processing
    > of the NEF for individual shots after the fact. In Adobe I like the
    > fact that you can see the 'lost shadows' and 'lost highlights'
    > super-imposed on the shot itself, unlike Nikon Capture where you have
    > to flip between different views.
    >
    > The big thing I find Nikon Capture is missing compared to Adobe PS2,
    > is ability to convert to monochrome/grey-scale, with adjustable
    > intensity allocated to different colour bands (like the effect of
    > colour filters in film work).
    >
    > --
    > Ken Tough

    , Jul 17, 2005
  7. OxfordEye

    Ken Tough Guest

    <> wrote:

    >Currently I have it loading NEFs and converting them to Jpg/Tiff with the
    >same image quality of Nikon Capture. Still a lot to do though :)

    Great, thanks for the work. Keep posting updates on progress here..
    it sounds like the kind of thing I'd use, with enhancements like
    you describe.

    --
    Ken Tough

    Ken Tough, Jul 17, 2005