    and the new filenames are now DCS_... which means sRGB.

    Does anyone know how to fix this or have the same issue? Thanks!
    , Jul 14, 2006

  2. no_name Guest

    wrote:

    > I upgraded the firmware from whatever it was to 2.0 and now JPEGS never
    > capture in Adobe RGB even though this is what's selected in the menu.
    >
    > The JPEGS prior to the upgrade are all captured as Adobe JPEG but after
    > the firmware upgrade Photoshop keeps telling me that it's sRGB.
    >
    > Also, the older JPEGS file file name _DCS... which mean it's Adobe RGB
    > and the new filenames are now DCS_... which means sRGB.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this or have the same issue? Thanks!

    This sounds like something you need to contact Nikon about.

    If it really is capturing in sRGB when the menu says it's set to Adobe
    RGB after a firmware upgrade, they need to know about it so they can get
    a bug fix out there.

    Or there may already be a bug fix & they'll be able to tell you about it.

    I suspect though you've really not got it set to Adobe RGB, and they'll
    be able to talk you through setting it through the menu.
    no_name, Jul 17, 2006

  3. Bill Guest

    wrote:

    >> I upgraded the firmware from whatever it was to 2.0 and now JPEGS never
    >> capture in Adobe RGB even though this is what's selected in the menu.
    >>
    >> The JPEGS prior to the upgrade are all captured as Adobe JPEG but after
    >> the firmware upgrade Photoshop keeps telling me that it's sRGB.
    >>
    >> Also, the older JPEGS file file name _DCS... which mean it's Adobe RGB
    >> and the new filenames are now DCS_... which means sRGB.

    Have you gone into the menu, optimize image, and then chosen a custom
    setting? If so, you need to change the colour space to Ia or IIIa.

    Or you can just select Normal and it should default to Ia.

    >> Does anyone know how to fix this or have the same issue? Thanks!

    If the above is ok, then have you tried a camera reset?

    Press and hold the bracket and meter mode buttons marked with green dots
    to reset back to camera defaults.

    If that doesn't work, you can do a factory reset. There's a tiny button
    on the bottom of the camera near the edge. This will reset everything,
    including the date and time.
    Bill, Jul 18, 2006
  4. cjcampbell Guest

    wrote:
    > I upgraded the firmware from whatever it was to 2.0 and now JPEGS never
    > capture in Adobe RGB even though this is what's selected in the menu.
    >
    > The JPEGS prior to the upgrade are all captured as Adobe JPEG but after
    > the firmware upgrade Photoshop keeps telling me that it's sRGB.
    >
    > Also, the older JPEGS file file name _DCS... which mean it's Adobe RGB
    > and the new filenames are now DCS_... which means sRGB.
    >
    > Does anyone know how to fix this or have the same issue? Thanks!

    Sometimes it is a setting in Photoshop that will not recognize the
    Adobe RGB, but the camera should be naming files with the _DCS
    convention if it is shooting in Adboe RGB, even with the new firmware.

    I would make sure I had the proper color space set. That has tripped me
    up a few times and the only way I noticed it was the files were not
    named correctly.
    cjcampbell, Jul 18, 2006